The Lowdown Fun Committee
Godlin Gets Behind
If Larry's coming to Blue Lake, I'd best get out. Watch Peter Pan at the ATL. Be the kid that never really grew up on the inside, but is old enough to sit at the bar. Cry into your daiquiri when Tinkerbell gets all torn up. [$5 and under award]
Whippin' up a batch of "pigs" in a blanket and heading over to the Logger for their world-famous pot luck!
Third Annual Kinetic Carnivale
Mendocino County Museum / 10 a.m.-5 p.m. / $10 / $35 Grand Ball Tickets / Free Kids 12 & Under / $10 Adults / $5 Students (13-18) / $5 Seniors (65+)
Wide variety of steam and travel-related activities; displays of art cars and kinetic sculptures; craft and food vendors; the Grand Ball - a highly anticipated evening of fun and fantasy; Handcar Races featuring creatively designed kinetic vehicles on paired tracks.
459-2736 / Info@KineticCarnivale.com / Web site / View Comments
The Wedding Singer
Ferndale Repertory Theatre / 2 p.m. / $16 students/seniors
You've seen that Adam Sandler movie, yeah? Directed by Brandi Lacy, Music Direction by Molly Severdia and featuring Erik Standifird as Robbie, Sasha Shay as Julia, and a large, talented cast from all over the county!
786-5483 / Web site / View Comments
Plays In The Park: Scheherazade
Redwood Park / 2 p.m. / Free
Contemporary play based on the adventures of the Arabian Knights performed at the old forest stage among the beautiful Redwoods of the Arcata Community Forest.
822-7091 / Web site / View Comments
The Poor of New York
North Coast Repertory Theatre / 2 p.m. / $15
Written and premiering in 1857, this play is a melodrama revolving around the efforts of a middle class family, newly impoverished by the financial panic of 1857, to survive against a villainous banker.
442-6278 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Van Duzer Theater / 2 p.m.
Flash back to the Roaring '20s with Humboldt Light Opera Company. When a Kansas girl comes to the Big Apple, she encounters flappers, working girls and millionaires in disguise as she ventures from high rises to the New York speakeasy scene.
822-1318 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Beer and Bugs
Friends of the Dunes / 3-5 p.m.
Sample micro brews donated by Redwood Curtain Brewing Company while learning a bit about bugs and their kin from local experts Pete Haggard and Kim McFarland.
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7-9 p.m. / $5
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 12:05, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00
- GET ON UP: 1:55, 5:10, 8:20
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:40, 3:35, 6:30, 9:25
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3D: 11:50, 2:40, 5:35, 8:30
- HERCULES 2D: 2:20, 4:40, 7:05, 9:30
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 2D: 1:05, 3:45
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:00, 2:55, 5:50, 8:40
- INTO THE STORM: 12:00, 2:15, 4:35, 7:00, 9:20
- LUCY: 12:20, 2:30, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE 2D: 12:05, 2:25
- PURGE: ANARCHY: 6:15, 8:45
- STEP UP ALL IN 2D: 3:55, 9:15
- STEP UP ALL IN 3D: 1:15, 6:35
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 11:55, 2:45, 6:20
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3D: 12:10, 8:55
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 2D: 4:45, 8:10
Mill Creek Cinema
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 12:05, 3:00, 6:00, 8:55
- GET ON UP: 1:55, 5:15, 8:30
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:30, 2:40, 3:20, 6:15, 8:20, 9:10
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3D: 11:50, 5:30
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 11:55, 2:50, 5:45, 8:40
- INTO THE STORM: 12:00, 2:20, 4:40, 7:00, 9:20
- LUCY: 12:15, 2:30, 4:50, 7:10, 9:30
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 3:50, 6:25
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3D: 1:15, 9:00
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:30, 3:20, 6:10, 9:00
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:55, 3:40, 6:25, 9:10
- MOST WANTED MAN: 12:20, 3:05, 5:50, 8:35