’Twas three quarter centuries ago today that Robert Zimmerman blew into this world. In his time on this space rock, his words and music have pleased and inspired a number of people, some of whom reside right here in little ol’ Humboldt County. How 'bout that?
Thus, this Tuesday out at Mad River Brewing Company in Blue Lake, to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the birth of Bob Dylan (he changed his name at some point), a slew of local musicians will take up their instruments (WARNING: Some may plug in) and aurally express their love for the legendary songwriter. Beer and Bob. You love it.
Since “Bobfest” is an early evening engagement, you could technically attend that then swing by Richard’s Goat Tavern for a band hat trick comprised of Pony Time, The Mother Vines and The Lost Luvs. Do note that this is likely your last chance to catch this incarnation of the Luvs as bass player Charlotte Medina will be leaving the group after this show. ’Tis better to have Luv’d and Lost…
6th Annual Bob Dylan's Birthday Bash
Mad River Brewery Tasting Room / 5-8:30 p.m.
"Join us as we celebrate Bob's 75th birthday with performances by over a dozen local musicians."
668-4151 / Web site / View Comments
Pony Time, The Lost Luvs, The Mother Vines
Richard's Goat Tavern and Tea Room / 9 p.m. / 21+
"Seattle's Pony Time are an impressive sonic duo!! Cute an quirky and seriously danceable, they're sure to get you moving!! This will be the Lost Luvs farewell show to Charlotte who's the best bass player ever!! Fitting we played our first show and now our last with Pony Time!!"
Web site / View Comments
Farm Shares: Bayside Park Farm
Bayside Park Farm & Garden / 9 a.m.-5 p.m. / $450
Shares are available for weekly pick-up June through November.
822-7091 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Mobile Outreach in McKinleyville
See Event Description / 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. / Free
Visitors to the bus can be assisted with CalFresh, MediCal, In-Home Supportive Services, Veterans Services and Child Support.
Einstein’s Theory of Special Relativity Simply Explained
HSU Science Building A / 6-8 p.m. / $20 / $15 HSU Students
Here’s something to think about: If you push a book across the table, it moves across the table. If you stop pushing, it stops moving across the table. Why?
826-3357 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Board Game Night
Nugames Eureka / 6 p.m. / Free
Tuesday night is Board Game Night! Bring your favorite game or just bring yourself, we've got tons of fun things to entertain.
497-6358 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Burgundy Blues with Michael Dayvid
HLOC's The Space / 8-10:30 p.m. / $5
A solo singer, songwriter, guitarist, and entertainer, Michael Dayvid has been producing and performing original and non-original music for nearly 7 years.
630-5013 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR 2D: 12:50, 2:05, 5:25, 6:30, 8:45
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR 3D: 4:50, 8:10
- HOLOGRAM FOR THE KING: 4:00, 8:20
- JUNGLE BOOK 2D: 11:55, 12:45, 3:20, 5:55, 8:35
- JUNGLE BOOK 3D: 2:20
- MONEY MONSTER: 12:55, 3:35, 6:10, 8:40
- NEIGHBORS 2: SORORITY RISING: 1:35, 4:00, 4:10, 6:25, 8:50, 9:40
- THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2D: 12:00, 2:25, 3:40, 4:50, 6:05, 7:25
- THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 3D: 1:10, 8:30
- THE DARKNESS: 12:10, 2:30, 4:55, 7:15, 9:30
- THE MAN WHO KNEW INFINITY: 1:15, 3:55, 6:35, 9:10
- THE NICE GUYS: 12:40, 3:30, 6:15, 9:00
- ZOOTOPIA 2D: 12:20, 3:00, 5:40
Mill Creek Cinema
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR 2D: 2:50, 6:00, 9:10
- HOLOGRAM FOR THE KING: 3:40, 6:05, 8:30
- JUNGLE BOOK 2D: 2:45, 5:25
- JUNGLE BOOK 3D: 8:00
- MONEY MONSTER: 3:50, 6:20, 8:50
- MOTHER'S DAY: 5:50
- NEIGHBORS 2: SORORITY RISING: 4:45, 7:10, 9:30
- THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2D: 3:30, 7:20, 8:40
- THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 3D: 4:50
- THE NICE GUYS: 3:25, 6:15, 9:00