Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2014's Lowdown
Musical royalty Hank 3 will play the second of two sweaty nights at the Mateel Community Center tonight. We poked around online today to see if anyone posted any video from last night’s show and … Lowdown fail. So this shaky clip above taken of our man playing the same venue four years ago will have to suffice.
The Screaming Skull (1958)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m. / $5
“Will she lose her mind? For reasons best known to local TV programmers, the modest shocker The Screaming Skull was telecast on what seemed to be a daily basis in the 1960s."
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Mateel Community Center / 7:30 p.m. / $25
The king of “Hellbilly” returns to HumCo for back to back nights. "The grandson of country music legend Hank Williams and the son of Hank Williams Junior, Hank 3 is one of the most prominent musicians to play neotraditional country in a country music market dominated by pop country."
923-3368 / Web site / View Comments
Plein Air At the Lost Coast
Shelter Cove Community Clubhouse / 9 a.m.-8 p.m. / $45
Five-day outdoor painting event to be held in Shelter Cove. Sponsored by the Shelter Cove Arts and Recreation Foundation.
986-7120 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Carole Sund Center / 1:30-3 p.m. / Free
Please join Butler Valley, Inc. in congratulating Alicia Durham for her award as the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities hero of the year.
442-2451 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Monthy Afterschool Crafternoons
The (Re)Workshop at SCRAP Humboldt / 3:30-5:30 p.m. / $5
Youth eight years old and up focus on the creative reuse of a variety of material types (fabric, wood, plastics, metal) through the exploration of various tools and skills.
822-2452 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Non-Partisan School Board Candidate Forum
Crescent Elk Middle School / 5:45-7:45 p.m.
The True North Organizing Network is hosting a non-partisan candidate forum on Education in Del Norte County.
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
Open Mic with Mike Anderson
Old Town Coffee And Chocolates / 6:30-9 p.m. / Free
Usually some singer/guitarists, a couple spoken word guys and then that one wildcard oddity that makes you go "hmm."
445-8600 / OldTownCoffeeEureka@yahoo.com / Web site / View Comments
Lemon Lemon Cherry
Palm Lounge at The Eureka Inn / 7-9 p.m. / Free / 21+
Folk, blues, trad jazz, special guests, occasional touring bands, something different every week.
email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- AS ABOVE SO BELOW: 4:40, 9:35
- BOXTROLLS 2D: 12:10, 1:30, 2:40, 4:00, 7:40
- BOXTROLLS 3D: 12:00, 5:10
- DOLPHIN TALE 2: 12:20, 3:05, 5:45, 8:30
- EQUALIZER: 12:00, 3:00, 6:05, 7:30, 9:10
- GIVER: 2:20, 7:10
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:15, 3:10, 6:00, 8:55
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:25, 5:40
- LET S BE COPS: 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:30
- LUCY: 2:25, 7:00
- MAZE RUNNER: 12:45, 3:35, 6:25, 9:15
- NO GOOD DEED: 4:45, 9:20
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 3:15, 8:35
- THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: 1:25, 4:05, 6:45, 9:25
- WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES: 12:35, 3:25, 6:15, 9:05
Mill Creek Cinema
- BOXTROLLS 2D: 3:10, 5:35
- BOXTROLLS 3D: 8:00
- DOLPHIN TALE 2: 3:00, 5:45, 8:30
- EQUALIZER: 2:55, 6:00, 9:05
- GIVER: 6:55
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 3:15, 6:05, 8:55
- IF I STAY: 3:25, 5:50
- LET S BE COPS: 4:20, 9:20
- MAZE RUNNER: 3:30, 6:20, 8:20, 9:10
- THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: 3:35, 6:10, 8:45
- MAZE RUNNER: 3:20, 6:05, 8:50
- THE DROP: 4:00, 6:35, 9:10
- THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: 3:50, 6:25, 9:00