Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014's Lowdown
OK, we lied.
No sooner had we gone on and on about how last Saturday's "Close Party" event promoted by Where's Queer Bill Presents was the final exclamation mark on the brief but beat-filled existence of Nocturnum in Eureka than we were contacted by a troubled Whomp Whomp Wednesday associate, rightfully perturbed that his congregation was being consigned to oblivion. Oops. It seems your Lowdown slammed the casket door on local whomping too soon.
And we are sorry.
Thus, Wednesday is actually -- we mean it this time! -- the final night for you do sway and grind within the walls of the former O.H's Townhouse while beats and laser beams wash over your body. The whompers that be are pulling out all the stops and have gathered no less than 12 of the WWW stars from the past four years. As part of our apology, we will go ahead and list them here in no particular order: Treemeista, Jsun, Itchie Fingaz, Pressure/Anya, Grasshoppa, Hypha, Mikey, Masta Shredda, Onhell, Chris Que, Touch and Wu Wei. (Note: There are many variations of how one could mix capital and lowercase letters when listing these artists. We may have effed up on a few. Sigh. Again, sorry.)
So there you have it. This will be Nocturnum's final encore. Please dance your feet into nubs. RIP, Whomp Whomp Wednesday.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Godlin Gets Behind
Free Shred Day
See Event Description / 8 a.m.-4 p.m. / Free
Local shredding and delivery business Shred Tec celebrates its fifth birthday by welcoming community members to bring a box to destroy.
822-4022 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
College of the Redwoods Community Education / 5:30-9:30 p.m. / $45 / 18+
This course is designed to introduce the participant to time management principles and specific tools that assist in making maximum use of time. Emphases will be placed on how to prioritize, identifying time wasters, and goal setting.
269-4000 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
- 47 RONIN 2D: 3:10, 9:05
- 47 RONIN 3D: 12:15, 6:05
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 2:10, 5:25, 8:40
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 12:35, 3:30, 6:25, 9:20
- FROZEN 2D: 12:00, 2:35, 5:15, 7:50
- GRUDGE MATCH: 12:55, 3:40, 6:30, 9:15
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 1:20, 8:30
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 4:55
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 1:50, 5:05, 8:20
- JUSTIN BIEBER S BELIEVE: 7:30, 9:35
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES: 12:20, 2:35, 4:50, 7:10, 9:30
- SAVING MR BANKS: 11:55, 2:55, 5:55, 8:55
- SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY: 12:05, 2:50, 5:40, 8:35
- WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 2D: 1:00, 3:15, 5:30
- WOLF OF WALL STREET: 12:10, 4:05, 8:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- 47 RONIN 2D: 3:15, 9:10
- 47 RONIN 3D: 6:10
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 5:35, 8:45
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 3:05, 6:00, 8:55
- FROZEN 2D: 3:00
- GRUDGE MATCH: 3:50, 6:35, 9:20
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 4:20
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 8:00
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES: 4:50, 7:10, 9:30
- SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY: 3:00, 5:45, 8:30
- WOLF OF WALL STREET: 3:55, 7:50
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 5:20, 8:30
- SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY: 3:30, 6:15, 9:00
- WOLF OF WALL STREET: 4:10, 8:00