Thursday, Jan. 9's Lowdown
UPDATE, 11:40 a.m.: Well, Tribal Seeds seems to be the unhealthiest band on earth. Here is an update from the Mateel Community Center:
Due to an unforeseen medical emergency, Tribal Seeds has had to cancel tonight's show at the Mateel Community Center. Please return your tickets to place of purchase for a refund. If you purchased your ticket online you will be automatically refunded to the credit card you used to buy the ticket. We are so sorry for the inconvenience.
We called the folks at the Mateel to get further clarification on what was going on. "Sore throat" is what we were told. Make other plans tonight, reggae fans.
# # #
Original post: Give it up for Tribal Seeds, ladies and gentlemen.
Tonight the San Diego reggae group will lead the swaying masses gathered at the Mateel Community Center for a make up show scheduled after band member illness forced the cancelation of a Nov. 23 date. Now, even if "SoCal reggae" doesn't necessarily entice you, please give this significantly successful band (see 179k Facebook fans) credit for squeezing in Humboldt. A glance at the Seeds' schedule reveals that we are way off their beaten path -- last night they played in Fresno and the have to be in Los Angeles tomorrow.
Respect. Get a taste of Tribal Seeds in the YouTubage below, or peruse other options in Thursday's Lowdown below.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Godlin Gets Behind
I don't always recommend reggae shows, but when I do, they're ones that have already been cancelled. Tribal Seeds not appearing at the Mateel Tonight. [$5 and under award]
Benefit for Trindad Library
Trinidad Library / 7-9 p.m. / Free
Local writer/storytellers Doc Stull, Jeff DeMark and Amy Day perform with guitarist Rick Levin in a benefit for Trinidad Library's children's programs.
677-0227 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Willamette University Chamber Choir and Willamette Singers
Christ Episcopal Church / 7 p.m.
Performing a variety of classical and jazz pieces as they tour their way through Oregon and California.
- 47 RONIN 2D: 3:10, 9:05
- 47 RONIN 3D: 12:15, 6:05
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 2:10, 5:25, 8:40
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 12:35, 3:30, 6:25, 9:20
- FROZEN 2D: 12:00, 2:35, 5:15, 7:50
- GRUDGE MATCH: 12:55, 3:40, 6:30, 9:15
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 1:20, 8:30
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 4:55
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 1:50, 5:05, 8:20
- JUSTIN BIEBER S BELIEVE: 7:30, 9:35
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES: 12:20, 2:35, 4:50, 7:10, 9:30
- SAVING MR BANKS: 11:55, 2:55, 5:55, 8:55
- SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY: 12:05, 2:50, 5:40, 8:35
- WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 2D: 1:00, 3:15, 5:30
- WOLF OF WALL STREET: 12:10, 4:05, 8:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- 47 RONIN 2D: 3:15, 9:10
- 47 RONIN 3D: 6:10
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 5:35, 8:45
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 3:05, 6:00, 8:55
- FROZEN 2D: 3:00
- GRUDGE MATCH: 3:50, 6:35, 9:20
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 4:20
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 8:00
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES: 4:50, 7:10, 9:30
- SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY: 3:00, 5:45, 8:30
- WOLF OF WALL STREET: 3:55, 7:50
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 5:20, 8:30
- SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY: 3:30, 6:15, 9:00
- WOLF OF WALL STREET: 4:10, 8:00