Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013's Lowdown
You say you want a revolution? Well, can you do lunch?
For Humboldtians interested in climbing aboard the State of Jefferson glory train, the time to put thine money where thine mouth is is noon Wednesday at the Samoa Cookhouse. There, would-be Jeffersonian founding father Mark Baird will pitch a secedin' brand o' freedom to the regular meeting of the right-leaning Humboldt Taxpayers League. (If you can't attend, your Lost Coast Outpost posted video of Baird sellin' Jefferson earlier this week.) Surely there will be many sympathetic to the cause in attendance, so this could be a great chance to announce your candidacy for Senator or Governor or something. Dress nice.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Grumpy old men will always have my vote. Splinter Cell is the show to go to tonight kids. I'm not sure why you won't jump on board this one Larry. You're grumpy and...well, you know.
Vino and Vinyl! Because they called it vino. And because it's classier to be a vino-o than a wino. Also Robert Goodman has a great Caesar for putting something in before the bottle and a half of vino.
State of Jefferson Presentation
Samoa Cook House / noon
Presentation by Mark Baird about the possibility of a declaration vote by your county supervisors to declare that California is ungovernable in its present size and to determine local resident support for eventual discussion with state legislature to withdraw your county from the State of California
Web site / View Comments
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
- BLUE JASMINE: 6:00, 8:35
- CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 2D: 12:05, 2:40, 3:45, 5:10, 7:40
- CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 3D: 1:25, 6:10
- DESPICABLE ME 2 2D: 1:00, 3:30
- DON JON: 12:00, 2:20, 4:40, 7:05, 9:30
- GRAVITY 2D: 1:45, 6:35
- GRAVITY 3D: 12:45, 3:10, 4:20, 5:35, 8:00, 9:10
- INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2: 1:20, 4:05, 6:50, 9:25
- LEE DANIELS THE BUTLER: 11:55, 5:40
- PRISONERS: 1:30, 4:55, 8:20
- RIDDICK: 2:50, 8:40
- RUNNER RUNNER: 2:00, 4:10, 6:45, 9:00
- RUSH: 12:15, 3:15, 6:15, 9:15
- THE FAMILY: 12:20, 3:00, 5:45, 8:25
- WE RE THE MILLERS: 8:50
Mill Creek Cinema
- CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 2D: 3:45, 6:15
- CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 3D: 8:40
- DON JON: 4:20, 6:40, 9:00
- GRAVITY 2D: 4:55
- GRAVITY 3D: 7:00, 9:20
- INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2: 3:10, 5:45, 8:20
- LEE DANIELS THE BUTLER: 3:30
- PRISONERS: 5:05, 8:30
- RUNNER RUNNER: 4:40, 7:15, 9:35
- RUSH: 3:00, 5:55, 8:50
- THE FAMILY: 6:30
- WE RE THE MILLERS: 9:10
- GRAVITY 2D: 4:40, 7:00, 9:20
- PRISONERS: 5:15, 8:30
- THANKS FOR SHARING: 4:00, 6:30, 9:00