Arcata Plaza / 10:30 a.m.
Arcata Main Street’s Oyster Festival has become a tradition for local restaurateurs, executive chefs, and caterers to show off their culinary skills by preparing oysters in every imaginable way. Try them roasted, barbecued, fried or with a secret sauce or just plain raw.
Web site / View Comments
Sand Sculpting Demo
Wildberries / 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. / Free
Watch experienced sand sculptor Chris Hanson create a sand castle masterpiece.
444-1397 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Parent Voices Humboldt
Jefferson Community Center / 10-11:30 a.m. / Free
Current topics include how the 2014-2015 State Budget will impact subsidies for child care and early childhood education.
444-8293 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Humboldt Bay Paddle Tour
Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center / 1 p.m. / $35 All Others / $30 HSU Students
Explore the local flora and fauna present seasonally and year round in and on the waters of the bay.
443-4222 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party
Trinidad Library / 1:30-2:30 p.m. / Free
Get your book thing going! Adults and children alike can enjoy “The Chamber Readers,” who will dramatize scenes from children’s books during the kickoff celebration of Trinidad Library’s summer reading program.
677-0227 / Web site / View Comments
Family Arts Day
Morris Graves Museum of Art / 2-4:30 p.m. / $5 / Free Children 17 and Under/ MGMA Members / $2 Seniors/Students
Bring the whole family for a performance and lesson in Hula dance with instructor and performer Tatiana Robinson.
442-0278 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Dixie Swim Club
Ferndale Repertory Theatre / 8 p.m. / $16
We meet five women, all friends and former teammates on their college swim team who come together once a year for memories and highjinks. Hilarity and poignancy are the hallmarks of this lovely story that will leave you longing to get in touch with that old roommate of yours.
786-5483 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Benefit for the Mad River Grange
Logger Bar / 8 p.m.-midnight / Free / 21+
Redwood Coast Energy Authority hosts a night of cheesy music, cheesy snacks, and tasty beer! A portion of beer sales go to the Mad River Grange to install energy efficient lighting upgrades.
269-1700 / Web site / View Comments
North Coast Repertory Theatre / 8 p.m. / $18
The North Coast Repertory Theatre continues its 30th Season with the North Coast premiere of the musical Les Misérables, based on the novel by Victor Hugo, with music by Claude-Michel Schonberg, lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer and book by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg.
442-6278 / Web site / View Comments
Savage Henry Independent Times Stand Up Comedy
Six Rivers Brewery / 9 p.m. / $5 / 21+
Featuring comics Johan Miranda, Andrew Holmgren, Scott Simpson, Christopher John and William Toblerone. Hosted by Kim Hodges.
839-7580 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
- 22 JUMP STREET: 1:00, 3:45, 6:30, 8:00, 9:15
- CHEF: 12:10, 2:55, 5:40, 8:25
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 2D: 1:20, 3:35, 4:10, 6:55, 9:00, 9:40
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 3D: 12:30, 5:55
- FAULT IN OUR STARS: 11:45, 2:40, 5:35, 8:40
- GODZILLA 2D: 12:55, 6:35
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 2D: 11:50, 12:50, 2:25, 5:00, 6:00, 7:35
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 3D: 3:25, 8:35
- MALEFICENT 2D: 12:15, 1:05, 2:50, 5:25, 6:25
- MALEFICENT 3D: 3:20, 8:50
- MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST: 3:50, 9:30
- NEIGHBORS: 2:10, 4:45, 7:10, 9:45
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 2D: 12:00, 3:05, 6:05, 9:10
Mill Creek Cinema
- 22 JUMP STREET: 1:10, 3:55, 6:40, 9:25
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 2D: 3:45, 9:10
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 3D: 12:45, 6:10
- FAULT IN OUR STARS: 12:00, 2:55, 5:50, 9:00
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 2D: 11:55, 12:55, 2:30, 5:05, 6:00, 7:40
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 3D: 3:25, 8:30
- MALEFICENT 2D: 1:00, 3:35, 6:30
- MALEFICENT 3D: 8:50
- MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST: 1:15, 4:00, 6:50, 9:35
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 2D: 12:10, 3:10, 6:15, 9:15
- CHEF: 1:00, 3:40, 6:20, 9:00
- IDA: 1:45, 3:50, 5:55, 8:00
- PALO ALTO: 2:00, 4:25, 6:50, 9:15