(UPDATED, NOPE) Ozomatli are Just Gonna Be Hanging Out at Los Bagels This Afternoon
UPDATE, 2:40 p.m.: LoCO received an email a little bit ago stating that Ozomatli were running late and would be unable to squeeze in the Los Bagels portion of their trek. They will be on KHUM at 6 p.m. and at the JVD at 8 p.m. as scheduled.
# # #
Original Post: For nearly two decades, Ozomatli have been throwing a myriad of styles into their musical blender — Latin salsa, funk, hip hop and jazz, to skim the surface — while building a faithful live audience based on their ability to consistently bring the ruckus.
Humboldters can position their ears/bodies directly in the Ozomatli ruckus blast zone a number of ways Tuesday:
- The Main Event: Of course, CenterArts brings the band to the Van Duzer Theatre stage tonight at 8 p.m.
- The Radio Interview: The boys will be interviewed by Mike Dronkers live on KHUM 104.3/104.7 as part of the Upstage Live series starting at 6 p.m.
- The Chill Sesh: Members of the group will make an appearance at Los Bagels in Old Town to hand out swag and sign autographs at around 3 p.m.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Godlin Gets Behind
Van Duzer Theater / 8 p.m. / $35 / $10 HSU students
"Bursting onto the L.A. stage with their first eponymously titled album in June 1998, Ozomatli capitalized on being the talk of the live music scene, particularly their show-stopping gigs at venues such as Dragonfly, Opium Den and The Viper Room."
826-3928 / Web site / View Comments
Signals: Humboldt's Only Goth Night
The Siren's Song Tavern / 8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. / Free
This month Signals is proud to present Latin American Deathrock Night, featuring past and current deathrock bands from the new world latin countries. With your favorite party people, DJs Decoffinated, Hazmatt, Wrye, and Razorburns.
442-8778 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 2:20, 7:40
- EXPENDABLES 3: 12:10, 3:05, 6:00, 8:55
- GIVER: 12:50, 3:15, 5:40, 8:10
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 3:10, 9:00
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3D: 12:15, 6:05
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:05, 2:55, 5:45, 8:35
- IF I STAY: 12:10, 2:50, 5:30, 8:05
- INTO THE STORM: 12:00, 5:20
- LET S BE COPS: 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:30
- LUCY: 2:30, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 2D: 4:00, 9:20
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 3D: 1:20, 6:40
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 11:55, 1:15, 3:45, 6:15, 8:45
- WHAT IF: 2:05, 4:35, 7:05, 9:35
- WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 9:10
Mill Creek Cinema
- EXPENDABLES 3: 2:55, 5:50, 8:45
- GIVER: 3:10, 5:35, 8:05
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 6:10, 9:00
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3D: 3:15
- IF I STAY: 3:25, 6:00, 8:35
- LET S BE COPS: 4:15, 6:50, 9:25
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 2D: 6:35
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 3D: 3:55, 9:15
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 3:50, 6:25, 8:55
- WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL: 3:30, 6:20, 9:10
- BOYHOOD: 4:25, 8:00
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 3:25, 6:15, 9:00
- MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT: 4:10, 6:40, 9:10