Stop The Violence -- Resources



Need help? Looking to help? This is KHUM's interactive guide to Humboldt County organizations that help victims of violence.

Do you suspect animal abuse?

If so, call the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office or your local police station. If it's an emergency, call 911.

Are you in danger?

Are you in immediate danger? Are you concerned for your safety?

Are you an adult or a minor (under 18)?

Have you been sexually assaulted, or has someone touched you in a way that didn't feel good?

Are you being hurt?

Is there violence in your home?

Are you thinking about hurting yourself?

Are you an adult or a minor (under 18)?

If you want to just talk with someone, you can always talk with these people.

If the child is in danger, call 911.

Is the person who needs help an older adult?

Is there violence in your home, or in the home of another?

If you're hurting the people you care about, or or looking to find help for someone who is, click here.

Have you or someone else been the victim of sexual assault?

Have you or someone else been the victim of a crime?

Are you hurting the people you care about, or looking for resources for someone else who is hurting others?

The following organizations run therapy groups that help adults learn how to stop using violence to control others.

Are you thinking about hurting yourself?

Call 911.

Adult Protective Services

Adult Protective Services is a county agency. They will investigate reports of suspected elder abuse.

  • (707) 445-6180


Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)

CASAs are volunteers trained and appointed by the courts for the benefit of a child. Children are often in the foster care system. To volunteer to be a child's voice in court, call:

  • (707) 443-3197

Child Welfare Services

Child Welfare Services is a county agency. A staff member will follow up on any report. Calls can be anonymous.

  • (707) 923-4100

Companion Animal Fund

Companion Animal Foundation's goal is to raise the status of animals by decreasing the pet overpopulation through spay/neuter assistance, education and adoptions. We strive to provide meaningful programs for both youths and adults which increase awareness of the unique relationship we share with our animal friends. Lastly, we seek to work cooperatively with all animal rescue groups as well as the community to find good homes for adoptable animals.

Dog Park

Domestic Violence Coordinating Fund

Emma Center

The Emma Center helps women who are healing from any violence.

  • (707) 825-6680

Humboldt Domestic Violence Services

Humboldt Domestic Violence Services is a nonprofit organization providing services to people experiencing crisis. You do not need to be in crisis to call.

  • (707) 443-6042
  • (866) 668-6543 (toll free)

Horse Rescue

Humboldt Family Service Center

Humboldt Senior Resource Center


Men/Women Exploring Non-Abusive Directions

  • (707) 442-5040

Mental Health Crisis Hotline

Miranda Animal Fund

North Coast Rape Crisis Team

NCRCT is a non-profit organization that provides services and support to survivors of sexual violence, and the people who care about them.

The also provide prevention education, court and medical accompaniment and other support services.

It doesn't matter when the sexualized violence occurred; you can call and talk anytime.

  • 24-hour crisis line: (707) 445-2881

The RAVEN Project

RAVEN is a support program of the Redwood Coast Action Agency for homeless youth and youth in crisis.

  • (707) 443-7099

Redwood PALS

Redwood Pals Rescue provides charitable and educational assistance in support of rescue and adoption efforts of animals that are at risk in the Humboldt County animal shelter. We are a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation for charitable purposes and are in the process of acquiring our Federal 501(c)3 status.

Donations may be made to:

  • Redwood Pals Rescue
  • P.O. Box 2913
  • McKinleyville Calif. 95519

Sequoia Humane Society

The Sequoia Humane Society is a no-kill shelter whose mission is to be a community leader in reducing pet overpopulation by providing a high-standard of care and through programs such as adoption, spay/neuter and education. As a no-kill shelter, many of our residents stay with us for several months, even as long as a year or more – however long it takes to find them a forever home. A shelter environment can be stressful for animals, so we work hard to provide the cats and dogs in our care with enriching activities – and of course, lots of love!

Stop the Violence Fund

Humboldt County Victim/Witness Program

Women's Crisis Center in Southern Humboldt (WISH)

WISH is a nonprofit organization providing support services in Southern Humboldt.

  • (707) 923-4110

Return to beginning    List all resources