Live at KHUM
The best performances from the KHUM studios in Humboldt county, California. Not a normal station.
• (Wednesday, March 8) Nick and Luke
Siren's Song tonight has a cool duo coming through. Nick and Luke are playing with locals No Pardon around 8:30PM. They came by the KHUM studios to give us a taste of what to expect.
• (Tuesday, March 7) Paper Wings Scratchin' It Up
Darren Weiss had an amazing duo called The Paper Wings on Chicken Scratch last night. Check out the performance and don't forget to head to the Sanctuary in Arcata at 7PM tonight (bring a dish, it's a potluck)!
• (Saturday, March 4) Object Heavy's exciting news
Object Heavy (aka Humboldt funk collective) came in to talk about the addition of Johnny Woods (The Velvet Touch) as the lead singer. They also played some tunes to get you excited for their show with Absynth Quartet at Humbrews.
• (Friday, March 3) Hannah Mayree and Jett Hagerty
Sacramento bad ass Hannah Mayree and HSU student extraordinaire Jett Hagerty came in to play some tunes. We had a jolly good time. Check it out :)
• (Friday, Jan. 27) Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly aka Marty O'Reilly and the Old Soul Orchestra AND Royal Jelly Jive did a fabulous instudio performance with Larry.
• (Thursday, Jan. 26) Caitlin Jemma and Oddjob Ensemble
These fabulous folks came by to play some tunes before a gig at Richard's Goat Tavern and Tea Room.
• (Monday, Aug. 15, 2016) Ben Sollee
Cello player and all-around rad person, Ben Sollee, made a stop by the KHUM studio to play a few songs and talk with Lyndsey about bowing techniques, virtual reality and how technology is changing the way we communicate with one another. He played at Humbrews with percussionist, Jordan Ellis. Local band, No Pardon, opened.
• (Monday, Aug. 15, 2016) 7th Generation Rise plays before Reggae on the River
7th Generation Rise, a project headed by Good Shield Aguilar, performed at Reggae on the River and they stopped by beforehand! Enjoy :)
• (Monday, Aug. 15, 2016) Steel Toed Slippers are back!
Steel Toed Slippers dropped back in to play some tunes before their show at Fieldbrook Market.
• (Wednesday, July 20, 2016) The Disappearing Man
A fabulous West Virginia band The Disappearing Man stopped by to play a few tunes before their show at Blondies Food & Drink tonight at 8 p.m.
• (Wednesday, June 22, 2016) NPS Centennial: The Good Homosapiens
The Good Homosapiens came in to play a few tunes and get you excited about the National Park Service's Centennial Celebration on Sunday. There will be bands, foodtrucks, activities, pony rides, speakers and more. The Redwood National and State Park's FREE celebration will be Sunday from noon till 6 p.m. at the bottom of Bald Hills Road, just off of Highway 101 north of Orick.
• (Thursday, June 9, 2016) The Compost Mountain Boys return to KHUM
Tim, Rich, Marty, and Bruce all came in to talk about compost and play some tunes.
• (Tuesday, May 10, 2016) No Pardon EP Release
No Pardon (Chris Parreira, Amber Grimes, and Rosalind Parducci) came in to play some tunes to build anticipation for their EP Release Party tomorrow with La Musique Diabolique at Sirens Song Tavern in Eureka at 8:30 PM!
• (Friday, April 29, 2016) That Dog Was A Band Now
That Dog Was A Band Now traveled in from Blue Lake to play a few songs and talk about their show tomorrow at The World Famous Logger Bar. They're opening for another band that they are in, Flock of Foreigners. It's Flock of Foreigners two year reunion show. Come out to the show, enjoy yourself, and give them a donation so they can record their EP! Also, check out their thesis project May 12-14 and 18-20 at Dell'Arte.
• (Friday, April 15, 2016) John Berning Back In Town
This morning, longtime friend of KHUM, John Berning stopped by the KHUM studio. John is in town visiting family and to play a set tomorrow night (Saturday) from 7 till 9pm at Old Town Coffee and Chocolates. We reminisce about the old days of KHUM's Gasoline Protests and the songs he wrote and performed. In fact, he even performed a couple of them live on this morning.
• (Friday, April 15, 2016) SnubbyJ plays the RimbaTubes
SnubbyJ aka Kent Jenkins plays a few tunes on the RimbaTubes. Songs: Zauberei (Original), Classical Medley, Bohemian Rhapsody
• (Friday, April 15, 2016) The No Good Redwood Ramblers
After serenading us outside The No Good Redwood Ramblers came inside and played some tunes. It was fun. They had a show that night at Humbrews tonight with No Pardon.
• (Thursday, April 7, 2016) The Show Ponies
The Show Ponies stopped by before a show at Humbrews in Arcata!
• (Thursday, April 7, 2016) Rosalind Parducci plays some fiddle
Rosalind was a surprise guest today! She stopped by and played some tunes, we talked about the Humboldt Live Sessions video that was posted earlier this week, and No Pardon's show coming up on Friday at Humbrews with the No Good Redwood Ramblers (who will be in here Friday at 5 p.m.).
• (Thursday, April 7, 2016) Lyndsey Battle Trio
Lyndsey Battle, Brian Hennesy, and Cory Goldman came into the studio today to play some tunes, talk about the kids album they put together for First Five Humboldt, and their show Sunday at The Old Steeple with Lindsey Lou and the Flatbellys. Enjoy.
• (Thursday, March 24, 2016) Cygne comes in
Cygne and Johnny Houx stopped by to chat and play some tunes.
• (Thursday, March 3, 2016) Rosalind Parducci
Rosalind Parducci came in yesterday to talk about the John Craigie show later that night at Richard's Goat Tavern and Tea Room, No Pardon's monthly appearance at T's Cafe, and the Bryan McPherson show at Siren's Song on Monday.
• (Thursday, March 3, 2016) La Musique Diabolique
La Musique Diabolique came in last Sunday to play some tunes and to talk about their CD release show on Friday at The Sanctuary!
• (Friday, Feb. 19, 2016) The Michael Walker Guitar Experince
Michael Walker and David Isley came into Lyndsey's show on KHUM today to play some of Michael's handcrafted, amazing guitars. They also picked a few and talked about upcoming workshops Michael is beginning to offer in our community.
• (Thursday, Jan. 7, 2016) Rosalind Parducci, Amber Grimes, and Chris Parreira
The trio came in to play a few tunes and promote their shows this weekend.
• (Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2015) Object Heavy prepares you for New Years at the Jam
Object Heavy came into the studio! They played some tunes and talked about their show at Jambalaya's for New Years with Motherlode! They will also be joining us for our 20th Anniversary Bash on January 9 at the Adorni Center with Striped Pig and The Hip Joint.
• (Thursday, July 16, 2015) Return Of The Rubberneckers
Blue Lake legends Clay Smith and Greg Lojko of the Rubberneckers break their silence to play live on KHUM, backed up by Andy Powell and Pete Ciotti.
• (Thursday, June 18, 2015) Object Heavy - A New Band To Watch
Hard-hitting funk from members of the Getdown Crew, Scuber Mountain, and Moo-Got-2, Object Heavy's forthcoming LP will easily be one of the best NorCal albums of the year.
• (Thursday, June 11, 2015) James McMurtry
James McMurtry can only be frank. He talks with Larry Trask about the economics of touring, guitars, and the missing verse from Choctaw Bingo.
• (Monday, June 1, 2015) JJ Grey of Mofro
Since everybody lost their minds after his Summer Arts and Music set, here's an encore of JJ Grey's KHUM 2008 interview.
• (Thursday, May 21, 2015) The Hip Joint
The Hip Joint make their KHUM debut with something like jazzrockfunkbop or whatever the kids are calling it these days.
• (Tuesday, May 19, 2015) Trevor Hall Should Live In Humboldt
Trevor Hall has one foot in mainstream pop and the other foot in an Indian ashram. He stopped by KHUM to talk about making noise, escaping noise, and what "ohm" actually means.
• (Thursday, April 23, 2015) Compost Mountain Boys
Ever unfazed by the fickle winds of mainstream music, the Compost Mountain Boys have been grinding out NorCal-tinged bluegrass for over 20 years. They're more of an Humboldt institution than a string band.
• (Wednesday, April 1, 2015) Greensky Bluegrass
Kalamazoo's finest discuss playing at Denali, being the weirdos at music festivals, and their Humboldt connection.
• (Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015) In Studio: Cleopatra Degher
With roots in chilly Sweden, Cleopatra Degher brings a sunny California sound to the KHUM studio.
• (Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014) The Tom Scharpling Interview
Tom Scharpling, legendary host of The Best Show, talks about the new Scharpling & Wurster box set, the Best Show reboot, and why using real puppets on the radio is not crazy.
• (Friday, Nov. 14, 2014) Polyrhythmics: funky afrobeat
With funky rhythms and tight horns, Polyrhythmics return to Larry Trask's program even better than before.
• (Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014) The Return of Peter Mulvey
Interview + Music: Peter Mulvey brought his like-new 1939 Martin guitar to KHUM to talk about John Cage, Beyonce, and astrophysics.
• (Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2014) Jason Spooner Quartet
Portland, Maine is putting Portland, Oregon on notice.
• (Friday, Sept. 5, 2014) Supermule
Thanks, Bay Area, for sending us your finest unsung heroes in one tidy package.
• (Friday, July 11, 2014) Lemon Lemon Cherry
Chris and Anwyn of Lemon Lemon Cherry make good on their threat to play trad-jazz on the air.
• (Tuesday, May 6, 2014) Black Prairie Interview
Black Prairie stopped by KHUM to discuss Afghan bagpipes, flying V guitars, and the difference between whales and non-whales. [Interview only; to hear Black Prairie perform live, visit http://khum.com/i2fdc0a] Black Prairie’s Fortune (Sugar Hill) avail at iTunes: http://smarturl.it/Fortune.iTunes and Amazon: http://www.smarturl.it/AMZ.Fortune
• (Thursday, April 3, 2014) El Radio Fantastique: Three-Ring Dumpster Fire
Fresh from Point Reyes, this band of next-gen hippies use instruments that rattle and plunk.
• (Monday, March 31, 2014) Rob Drabkin Tried Science But Music's Better
Would-be molecular biologist Rob Drabkin brought his easy laugh and gravelly voice to the KHUM studio for a quick chat about college ambition, what songs not to cover, and why he turned his back on cutting-edge science.
• (Friday, March 28, 2014) Carrie Rodriguez and Luke Jacobs Love Their Grandmas
Two of Austin's finest drop by for an extended interview about Jed Smith state park, Austin's bird problem, grandmothers who curse and those that don't.
• (Wednesday, March 19, 2014) Marty O'Reilly & The Old Soul Orchestra
This recently-electrocuted singer, his broken-toed fiddle player, and their healthy bassist hobbled into the studio for an illuminating chat about living in an artist community, how to not get shocked, and what its like falling in a ravine in Minnesota.
• (Friday, Feb. 14, 2014) Dry Branch Fire Squad
DBFS is notoriously sharp, musically and intellectually. Both are on full display as they keep host Mike Dronkers on his feet. Mostly.
• (Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014) Upstage Live: The Wood Brothers
Oliver Wood (King Johnson) and Chris Wood (Medeski, Martin, & Wood) perform live at Humbrews in front of an intimate audience. They talk about a questionably-named percussion instrument, their mother's youth as a refugee, and discovering Tom Petty late in life.
• (Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014) Devil Makes Three: 2-5-14
Our favorite Santa Cruz degenerates return to KHUM to talk about Kid Rock's cruise ship, Arcata's police, and NOT HAVING COCAINE STASHED IN THE UPRIGHT BASS.
• (Monday, Dec. 23, 2013) Upstage Live: Robbie Fulks & Jenny Scheinman
Robbie Fulks performs and talks with KHUM's Mike Dronkers about family, ruined guitars, & objectivity in music.
• (Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013) Grant Farm
National Flatpicking Champion Tyler Grant and his band tear it up in the KHUM studio
• (Friday, Sept. 27, 2013) The Bills
Canada's finest Americana band discuss playing in a supermarket, Swedes, and also play really good.
• (Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013) The Getdown
Bill Summers (percussion), DJ Logic (turntables), Pete Ciotti (drums), Brian Swizlo (keys) and Drew Mohr (bass) show us how it's done.
• (Wednesday, June 5, 2013) Patty Larkin
Patty Larkin returns to KHUM to play old songs live and share new recorded music.
• (Wednesday, May 15, 2013) Eilen Jewell 5-14-13
Eilen Jewell live at KHUM
• (Friday, March 1, 2013) Deke Dickerson 2-26-13
Rockabilly superstar Deke Dickerson stopped by KHUM on Feb. 26th and left a sea of dropped jaws and melted faces in his wake. WE WANT OUR FACED BACK, DEKE DICKERSON. ASAP.
• (Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013) Jake Shimabukuro
The world's foremost Ukulele enthusiast and practitioner discusses his instrument.
• (Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013) Upstage Live: Tommy Emmanuel
In this episode of Upstage Live, Emmanuel talks about going pro at age 6, why he doesn't break strings, and Django Reinhart's fire-gnarled hands.
• (Friday, Jan. 25, 2013) Motherlode
Motherlode is the gritty sound of a 10-piece funktrain. Inspired by 70's soundtrack funk, James Browns JB's, Afrobeat and more. This session, as you'll hear, sets two new KHUM records. One is 'Most Band Members Crammed In The Studio.' The other, we couldn't have predicted.
• (Friday, Dec. 14, 2012) Absynth Quintet
Alt-Roma-jazz afficionados return to KHUM to smash their own "guitar face" record. And play songs. They're at the Caspar Inn tonight and tomorrow, then at the Arcata Theater for New Years.
• (Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012) Charlie Hunter & Scott Amendola
Recorded live at Robert Goodman Wines Tasting Room in Arcata, CA Dec 11, 2012 as part of KHUM's ongoing Upstage Live q+a series.
• (Friday, Dec. 7, 2012) Sara Watkins
Fiddle player, singer & songwriter Sara Watkins dropped to talk about recording with a member of Led Zeppelin, her LA variety show, and a possible Nickel Creek reunion.
• (Friday, Nov. 16, 2012) Polyrhthmics
The Polyrhythmics, Seattle's finest 8-piece afrobeat/worldbeat band, stopped by the KHUM studio on November 15 and redefined the phrase "live in-studio performance".
• (Friday, Oct. 19, 2012) Owl Paws
These guys love them some 6/4 time signatures, playing in BART stations, and interning for John Vanderslice. Expect big things.
• (Monday, Oct. 1, 2012) Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band
Asheville, NC's 'Booty Band' are committed to funk. End of story.
• (Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012) Shook Twins
Portland's best identical-twin folk duo popped in for a surprise visit! Yay fun!
• (Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012) Meklit and Quinn
Meklit Hadero and Quinn Devoux return to the KHUM studio for cover songs and original compositions.
• (Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012) T Bird and The Breaks
With a sound that pulls from the origins of hip hop, the alleyways of the Crescent City, the grease and grime of an old-school soul review, and all seven of the deadly sins, the Breaks have developed into a locomotive; slowly pumping across America, leaving crowds drenched with sweat and walking funny the next morning. Their new EP is Dancehall Freakin'.
• (Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012) Midtown Dickens
North Carolina's Midtown Dickens waltzed onto Larry Trask's show and into KHUM's heart.* They performed that evening at the Arcata Playhouse and will hopefully return soon. *That sentence is at least as cheesy as Midtown Dickens is awesome.
• (Sunday, Aug. 5, 2012) Doug Paisley
Torontonian songwriter Doug Paisley stopped by Larry Trask's show to hand off some fresh-picked Petrolia blueberries, talk about why he doesn't always introduce songs, and how much fun he had in Humboldt.
• (Friday, Aug. 3, 2012) The Two-Man Gentlemen Band
Andy Bean & the Councilman are but humble gentlemen playing music, two at-at-time. In this episode, they sing the praises of porkchops, offer tips for those who prefer the infamous "open-toed lifestyle", and make tennis references that we had to Google later.
• (Thursday, July 12, 2012) Steve Poltz
Singer/songwriter/great guy Steve Poltz stopped by the Awkward Pause radio show on Tuesday, July 10 to share a few stories and sing a few songs. Especially check out the story about singing the National Anthem before a recent Giants game that happens at about 9:30 into the recording. You can see a (poorly recorded) Youtube video of the incident h e r e.
• (Monday, July 2, 2012) Taarka
Our dear friends Taarka stopped by the KHUM studio on Friday and tore it up as only Taarka can do. The lineup included special guest Taarkan, Grant Gordy, who, among other things, plays guitar for the David Grisman Quintet.
• (Sunday, April 22, 2012) Mike Birbiglia
When's the last time a comedian/storyteller/NPR contributor/sleepwalker was in Arcata? Never, you say? Are you sure? Like, really sure? How can you even know that? Mike Birbiglia will be at the Van Duzer on Earth Day, April 22nd (get tickets) performing his one-man show, My Girlfriend's Boyfriend. SPOILERS: He spoke with Mike Dronkers about: What Mike Birbiglia will autograph (anything) How Mike Birbiglia interviews a great interviewer (ask Conan for help) Who spoiled the ending of his show (Mike Birbiglia)
• (Friday, March 30, 2012) Dan Bern 3-29-12
Singer-songwriter Dan Bern chats and plays a few songs on the Awkward Pause radio show on KHUM
• (Thursday, March 22, 2012) Bahamas
Bahamas stopped by the KHUM studio on their way to Portland to play and chat with Larry Trask. Their new album is "Barchords" on Brushfire records.
• (Tuesday, March 6, 2012) The Growlers
SoCal's Growlers stopped by Larry Trask's Afternoon Delig...actually, Awkward Pause radio show on Leap Day and totally knocked it out of something. Much like Martha Washington, The Growlers are one hip, hip, hip lady (except instead of "lady", substitute "band")
• (Monday, March 5, 2012) SOJA
DC-based reggae band finds success with a positive message. SOJA spoke with DJ Larry Trask about playing in Palau and being in a band with friends. They play a few songs, too.
• (Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012) Ivan Rosenberg & Chris Coole
Partially famous and wholly talented ex-Humboldter Ivan Rosenberg performed live on Mike Dronkers' program Friday, February 24th. In addition to decidedly non-shreddy acoustic music, Rosenberg talks about his time as a Humboldt Ultimate Frisbee athlete, how Jimmy Buffett got him to Montana, and why it's OK to zone out to his music. Chris Coole joins him to play banjo and guitar, while overcoming a past youth with Neil Diamond records and Andy Griffith reruns. For over a decade, Ivan Rosenberg has been making ‘boutique’ recordings of personable, expressive acoustic music on Dobro and clawhammer banjo. Millions have heard his original songs playing in the background of over 250 television programs including The Daily Show, Oprah, and the Emmy-nominated documentary Libby, Montana.
• (Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012) Ruthie Foster
Grammy nominee blues & folk artist Ruthie Foster talks about overcoming a stutter, fixing helicopters, and playing funk for Uncle Sam.
• (Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012) Bon Swing's Tom Toohey & Dan Fair
Two of Humboldt's reigning jazz specialists play the music of Django Reinhardt and discuss his relationship with dinosaurs, paper flowers, and fingers. In celebration of what would never have been Reinhardt's 102nd birthday, Bon Swing plus special guests perform Saturday night at the Westhaven Center For The Arts.
• (Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012) In Studio: The Trouble
The Trouble played live on Mike Dronkers' program, Wednesday, January 11th, 2012. The Trouble is Mark Jeffares on lead vocals and guitar, Chris Parreira on rhythm guitar, Jeff Krider on bass, and Sam Kaplan-Good on drums. They play at Humbrews on Saturday night with Small Axe and 100-Watt Mind.
• (Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011) Jeffrey Lewis
Born and raised in New York City's East Village, Jeffrey Lewis is truly a cult folk hero. He tours the world with his seemingly stream-of-consciousness songs, but almost nobody knows who he is. This recording comes from his appearance on You & Meme, December 6th, 2011.
• (Thursday, Nov. 3, 2011) In Studio: Bee Eaters 11-2-11
It's not classical. It's not celtic. It's not bluegrass. What is it? Raised in Burnt Ranch, California, Tashina and Tristan Clarridge have long wowed local music fans from the Blue Lake Fiddle Festival to busking at Wildberries. Now based in Boston and with hammered dulcimer prodigy Simon Chrisman, the Bee Eaters share company with the likes of Darol Anger, Mike Marshall, Natalie MacMaster, and other heavy hitters in the new American string movement.
• (Monday, Oct. 31, 2011) In Studio: Ryan Montbleau Band
Massachusetts-based Ryan Montbleau Band surround astute and uplifting lyrics with top-shelf musicianship. This is RMB's third appearance on KHUM, and they just keep getting better.
• (Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011) Upstage Live: Mason Jennings 10/18/11
Mason Jennings sings about California and talks about his mantra, getting yelled at on stage, and how to extract magic from Jason Schwartzman. Recorded/webcast live from the Karshner Lounge at Humboldt State University 10/1/11. Watch the entire show here: http://upstage-live.com/mason-jennings-live/.
• (Sunday, Oct. 9, 2011) Pete Kartsounes Band
Pete Karstounes and his band stopped by the mid-day show to talk about music, backpacking, and his Hike4Cancer foundation. http://www.petekmusic.com/
• (Friday, Oct. 7, 2011) Absynth Quintet
Arguably Humboldt's finest band returned to the KHUM studio today for yet another brazen display of musical prowess and ungroomed facial hair. They play all-new material and even throw in a They Might Be Giants cover. The Absynth Quintet is: Bird Jowaisas – Mandolin and Lithuanian Party Bugle Ryan Roberts – Guitar John Ludington – Bass Ian Davidson – Electric Banjo and Nose flute Tofu Schwartz – Drums, Percussion, and first chair kazoo
• (Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011) Shook Twins & John Craigie
Portland's Shook Twins trade songs with tourmate John Craigie from San Francisco. Will the Shooks ever eat the acid they sing of? Will John Craigie learn that people also use Skype with clothes on? Will host Mike Dronkers remember the bassist's name?
• (Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011) Moreland & Arbuckle
Aaron Moreland's dense and primitive guitar grooves combined with Dustin Arbuckle's raspy vocals and edgy harmonica fire up their earthy, rural blues. They performed live on Larry Trask's programme. Their new CD "Just A Dream" features Steve Cropper.
• (Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2011) Meklit Hadero
Born in Ethiopia, raised in the U.S. and nurtured by San Francisco’s richly diverse arts scene, this acclaimed singer embodies worlds. With a jazz backbone and a singer/songwriter's heart, she talks about Yale, pizza, and Ethiopian hip-hop space opera. Featuring Darrell Green on drums, Darren Johnston on trumpet, & Evan Flory-Barnes on bass.
• (Thursday, Aug. 25, 2011) Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside
On Tuesday, Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside visited the KHUM studio. The night before, they played two encores to a full house at Humbrews. The band hasn't played Humboldt since opening for the Avett Brothers in 2009. Since then, her music has joyfully tumbled out of KHUM's studio, car windows throughout Arcata, and David Letterman's PA system.
• (Monday, July 18, 2011) Real Vocal String Quartet
SF's premier alt-vocal-jazz/alt-chamber-music specialists Real Vocal String Quartet performed live on DJ Emily McLongstreet's 'Meet Me In The Morning' Sunday, July 17th, 2011. This was RVSQ's second KHUM performance.
• (Wednesday, July 13, 2011) Jill Andrews
Jill Andrews was in the critically-acclaimed Everybody Fields until going solo a few years ago. Her new album, "The Mirror" mixes light and dark effortlessly. She performed on Mike Dronkers' show on Tuesday, July 13th, 2011.
• (Friday, July 8, 2011) Mike Pinto Band
Hailing from the beaches of southern California and bringing a sound to match, the Mike Pinto Band performed in the KHUM studio July 7th, 2011. Jambalaya-bound with almost no sleep and the biggest bass amp we've ever put a mic in front of, MPB played a great set.
• (Wednesday, May 25, 2011) Jenny O
Recorded on the Mike Dronkers show, May 25, 2011. Set: "Won’t Let You Leave," "All My Wishes," "Are You Teasing Me (Cover)," "Well Ok Honey."
• (Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2011) Infamous String Dusters
Recorded live on the Larry Trask show, Jan. 11, 2011. Set: "Keep On Trucking," "In God’s Country (Cover)," "Magic #9," "Hitch Hiker."
• (Friday, Aug. 27, 2010) Cracker
Recorded on the Mike Dronkers show, Aug. 27, 2010. Set: "Friends," "Low," "Turn On Tune In Drop Out With Me."
• (Tuesday, May 11, 2010) Martin Sexton
Recorded on the Larry Trask show, May 11, 2010. Set: "Friends Again," "Boom Sh-Boom."
• (Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010) The Blushin' Roulettes
Recorded on the Larry Trask program, Feb. 23, 2010. Set: "This Time With Feeling," "HoneyBabe And DarlinDear," "Won’t Bother Me," "Salty Mama," "Skeleton Woman."
• (Sunday, Feb. 21, 2010) Animal Liberation Orchestra
Recorded on the Mike Dronkers show, Feb. 21, 2010. Set: "Time And Heat," "I Wanna Feel It," "The Champ."
• (Thursday, Feb. 18, 2010) Moonalice
Recorded on the Larry Trask show, Feb. 18, 2010. Set: "It’s 4:20 Somewhere," "The Real Deal," "There Will Be No Pain."
• (Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009) Mother Hips
Recorded on the Larry Trask show, Nov. 12, 2009. Set "White Falcon Fuzz," "Third Floor Story," "Whiskey On A Southbound," "One Way Out," "Time Sick Son Of A Grizzly Bear."
• (Saturday, Oct. 24, 2009) Yogoman Burning Band
On the Larry Trask program, Oct. 24, 2009. Set: "Invitation (Don’t Send Me)," "See Saw Tippin' Divine," "Shopping," "Sit And Talk," "Ready To Roll."
• (Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2009) Ryan Montbleau Band
Recorded Oct. 20, 2009 on the Larry Trask show. Set list: 1. 75 And Sunny 2. My Best Guess 3. Song Bird 4. Maybe Today 5. Inspired By No One
• (Wednesday, May 13, 2009) Pimps of Joytime
Recorded on the Larry Trask program, May 13, 2009. Set: "People Say That I Need To Get My Thing Together," "Long Ride," "Your Love Is My Goal."
• (Saturday, May 9, 2009) Jackie Greene
Recorded on the Larry Trask show, May 9, 2009. Set: "Uphill Mountain," "Gone Wonderin'," "Sing Me Back Home (Cover)."
• (Thursday, April 9, 2009) Clem Snide
Recorded on the Larry Trask program, April 9, 2009. Set: "Our Time Will Come," "Tuesday Oct. 24th," "With All My Heart."
• (Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008) Mason Jennings and Zach Gill
Live on Mike Dronkers' show, Nov. 11, 2008. Set: "Your New Man," "Don’t Touch My Stuff," "California Part 2," "Family (Zach Gill)," "Living In The Moment," "10,000 Ways To Beat A Dead Horse (Zach Gill)," "Fighter Girl."
• (Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2008) Toubab Krewe
Recorded Oct. 8, 2008 on the Mike Dronkers show. The set included "Djurabi," "Rooster" and "51 Foot Ladder."
• (Thursday, Aug. 28, 2008) Brett Dennen
Recorded on the Mike Dronkers show, Aug. 28. 2008. Set: "Wrong About Me," "Closer To You," "Heaven," "World Keeps Turning," "Make You Crazy."
• (Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007) Devil Makes Three
Recorded on the Lila Nelson show, Feb. 18, 2007. Set: "Uncle Harvey’s Plane," "Dead Air," "Plank."