Random People's Theater Project
Celebrating its 9th year, the Random People's Theater Project will be returning to the Mateel Community Center this weekend, March 21st, 22nd and 23rd with"Night at the General"!
Produced by local theatre enthusiasts, Susan Alexander, Jenny Edwards and Marilyn Foote, this popular production of ten theatrical vignettes, range from "the profound to the downright silly".
All the scenes of this year's production are set in a hospital, thus the name of the production: "Night at the General".
Random People is a true community event. All of the 10 scripts are written, directed, and acted by southern Humboldt residents. The actors range from ages 12 to 70, with many in their 20s & 30s this year.
There are close to 50 community members in all involved in various aspects of the production as authors, actors, directors, set designers, technicians.
The Skits Include:
- by Aurora Raiment - directed by Jack Flaws
- by Ellen McKaskle and directed by Susan Alexander
- written and directed by Dion Santos
- by Marilyn Foote and directed by Moss Nipkau
- by Ariel Gladden-directed by Margaret Lewis
- by Saxon Roe-directed by Carl Hanson
- by Shirley Gaines - directed by Annie Gowen
- written and directed by Munson Hallums
- by Natascha Marks - directed by Agnes Patak
- written and directed by Jenny Edwards
Admission is sliding scale $12 - $20. Come enjoy "Night at the General" by the Random People's Theatre Project this weekend, March 21 and 22 at 8:00, and March 23 at 2:00 at the Mateel Community Center. See you there
- Phone: 923-3368
- Web site