Regalia & Memorabilia
A black cap and gown are required to walk in the Commencement ceremony. Caps, rental gowns, tassels, hoods, and more may still be available at the Humboldt Bookstore. If you have any questions regarding regalia orders, please contact the Bookstore at (707) 826-3741.
In order to best protect the campus community, anyone accessing campus events who is over the age of 12 will be required to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster shot) or a negative test result within 72 hours.
Guests will have the option of showing one of the following:
- Humboldt staff, faculty, or student ID
- Physical CDC Vaccination Card for COVID-19 or a photo/screenshot of your vaccination card
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record
- A printout from any state health department or physician's office with your vaccination information stated clearly
- Any photo/screenshot that shows the date of the test result and the date the test was taken or a printout of an official email from a lab with the test results and testing date clearly printed. At-home Antigen (rapid) tests and lab PCR and Antigen tests are acceptable.
All plans are subject to change based on the status of the pandemic, and additional regulations may be required based on Humboldt County Public Health and University health and safety guidelines.
Students, staff, faculty, and guests must perform a wellness self-check just prior to coming to campus. If you are feeling ill, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, you should not attend the Commencement events.
GradImages photographers will be on hand to capture official graduation portraits. After the ceremony, you’ll be sent a link to preview your images, and there is no obligation to purchase photos.