North Country Fair
Arcata Plaza / 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
A Humboldt County Tradition since 1974, The North Country Fair is an annual two-day festival held on the Arcata Plaza. Highlighted by the annual Samba Parade on Saturday (1 p.m.) and the All Species Parade on Sunday (1 p.m.). Includes around 200 craft, food, and information booths and two stages.
Web site / View Comments
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 5:30 p.m. / $5
"Steven Spielberg filters J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan through a distinctly 1990s sensibility in Hook. Peter Pan has become Peter Banning (Robin Williams), a 40-year-old mergers and acquisitions lawyer with a permanent scowl on his face and a cellular phone in his belt."
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Bridgeville Volunteer Fire Company Breakfast
Bridgeville Elementary School / 8:30 a.m. / Free Children 0-12 / $3 Children 12-18 / $5 Adults
Hot breakfast in the BES gym, with your choice of blueberry pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and your choice of bacon or sausage. Every third Sunday. All proceeds benefit the BVFC.
777-1775 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Southern Humboldt Community Park / 8:30-11:30 a.m. / Free
Jay Sooter and/or John Gaffin will lead this monthly walk sponsored by Redwood Region Audubon Society.
441-8001 / Web site / View Comments
Sierra Club Hike
Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park / 9:30 a.m. / Free
Hikers will go out from the Newton B. Drury Parkway, ascend Zig Zag Trail to West Ridge Trail, heading north, then eventually dropping to the Coastal Trail near the Ossagon Trail.
668-4275 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Free Gardening Class
Redwood Acres Fairgrounds / 10 a.m.-2 p.m. / Free
Free, family friendly event will include cooking and gardening demonstrations.
445-3037 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Bayside Grange / noon-4 p.m. / $25
Review of canning basics and safety, including knife safety. Participants should bring a sharp knife, apron, snacks, and water, if desired.
822-9998 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Redwood Curtain Theatre / 2 p.m. / $15 / $10 Thursdays
England, 1605: Shagspere is commissioned by the prime minister to write the “true historie” of the Gunpowder Plot. And it must have witches! A witty and high-stakes political thriller with contemporary resonances, this intriguing play gallops from the great Globe to the Tower of London.
Bill Allison and the Next Wave
Morris Graves Museum of Art / 3-5 p.m. / $5 / Free MGMA members/ Children 17 and Under / $2 Seniors/Students
Exploring emerging and established be bop and progressive classics.
442-0278 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Bogglebang Awards Ceremony
North Country Fair / 4 p.m. / Free
Bogglebang, Humboldt County's Scavenger Hunt, will come to a close after nine days of riddle-solving, challenge-tackling and clue-finding action-packed fun. Many answers to this year's puzzles, riddles, and mysteries will be revealed.
633-9191 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7-9 p.m. / $5
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- AS ABOVE SO BELOW: 12:10, 4:45, 7:15, 9:40
- DOLPHIN TALE 2: 12:20, 3:05, 5:45, 8:30
- GIVER: 3:40, 8:50
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:15, 3:10, 6:05, 9:00
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:55, 6:00
- IF I STAY: 12:05, 5:20
- LET S BE COPS: 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:30
- LUCY: 1:35, 4:00, 6:20, 8:40
- MAZE RUNNER: 12:45, 2:05, 3:35, 6:25, 8:20, 9:15
- NO GOOD DEED: 12:00, 2:35, 4:50, 7:05, 9:20
- NOVEMBER MAN: 2:40, 8:00
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 12:50, 3:20, 5:50
- THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: 1:25, 4:05, 6:45, 9:25
- WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES: 12:35, 3:25, 6:15, 9:05
Mill Creek Cinema
- DOLPHIN TALE 2: 12:10, 3:00, 5:45, 8:30
- GIVER: 1:55, 4:20, 6:45, 9:15
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:20, 3:15, 6:05, 9:00
- IF I STAY: 12:50, 3:25, 5:55, 8:35
- LET S BE COPS: 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:25
- MAZE RUNNER: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 8:00, 9:10
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 12:25, 2:55, 5:25
- THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: 1:00, 3:35, 6:10, 8:45
- MAZE RUNNER: 12:35, 3:20, 6:05, 8:50
- THE DROP: 1:25, 4:00, 6:35, 9:10
- THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: 1:15, 3:50, 6:25, 9:00