The Lowdown Fun Committee
Arts! Alive, because Shawn Gould has eye-melting collection of work over at Sewell Gallery.
Natural Fiber Fair
Arcata Community Center / 10 a.m.-5 p.m. / $5 / Free kids / Free students
Learn about spinning, knitting, weaving, dyeing, felting and more. Yarn, fleeces, fiber, tools, and finished goods for sale. Free demos every hour. Fiber art exhibits including tapestry by the late Victor Jacoby.
599-2729 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
HSU Welcome Concert
Fulkerson Recital Hall / 5-6:30 p.m. / $10 / $5 seniors, children, students
HSU Music faculty members perform in their annual Welcome Concert to celebrate the new school year. The program includes jazz, percussion, tango and classical selections, and is followed by a reception in the Music Lobby.
826-3928 / Web site / View Comments
Lanphere Dunes Guided Walk
Lanphere Dunes (HBNWR) / 10 a.m.-1 p.m. / Free
Join a trained naturalist on a guided tour of the Lanphere Dunes Unit of the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge to experience the most pristine dune ecosystem in Humboldt County.
444-1397 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Eel River Community Cleanup
Rio Dell / 10-3 a.m. / Free
ome dressed in comfortable clothes, work shoes or boots and bring gloves or shovels if you have them.
506-5081 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Come to Carson
See Event Description / noon-4 p.m.
Music by Redwood Dixie Gators and True Gospel Singers. Face painting and bounce houses for the kids as well as wiffle ball and kick ball games.
442-1784 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Morris Graves Museum of Art / 6-9 p.m. / Free
Duet featuring Ginger Casanova on guitar, banjo and vocals and Laura Hennings on guitar, harmonica and vocals.
442-0278 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
A Really Big Art Show
Alternative Building Center / 6-9 p.m.
Size does matter! The artsy folks at Ink People Center for the Arts are taking out the big guns, artistically speaking. This invitational exhibition explores size in all of its glory, utilizing all of those large canvases, and will be up for the month of September at the Alternative Building Center.
445-4733 / View Comments
I SPY ART
Studio 120 The Center for Insane Artists / 6-9 p.m.
Showing art by members Jose Nunez, Blake Reagan, Barry Post, Jeremy Farrell, Marnie Cooper, and guest artist Matt Cooper.
599-0904 / View Comments
Humboldt Mediation Services Annual Peacemakers’ Ball
Bayside Grange / 6:45-11 p.m. / $15 / $-2 students / $13 advance
East Coast Swing lessons with Donna and Bryan Landry-Rehling at 7:15 p.m, the Jim Lahman Band starting at 8:00 p.m., a silent auction featuring fabulous arts, crafts, products, and services of the North Coast.
445-2505 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Absynth Quintet Album Release Party with Beats and Kale
Humboldt Brews / 10 p.m.
826-2739 / Web site / View Comments
- AS ABOVE SO BELOW: 12:00, 2:25, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- CALVARY: 1:20, 6:40
- EXPENDABLES 3: 3:30, 8:50
- GIVER: 1:00, 6:25
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:15, 3:10, 6:05, 9:00
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:05, 2:55, 5:45, 8:35
- IDENTICAL: 12:25, 3:00, 5:40, 8:20
- IF I STAY: 12:10, 2:50, 5:30, 8:05
- LET S BE COPS: 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:30
- LUCY: 2:30, 4:55, 7:20, 9:40
- NOVEMBER MAN: 12:50, 3:35, 6:20, 9:05
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 2D: 9:20
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 3D: 4:00
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 12:00, 1:15, 3:45, 6:15, 8:45
- WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL: 1:05, 3:50, 6:30, 9:15
Mill Creek Cinema
- EXPENDABLES 3: 2:55, 8:15
- GIVER: 12:35, 5:45
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:20, 3:15, 6:05, 9:00
- IF I STAY: 12:50, 3:25, 5:55, 8:30
- LET S BE COPS: 1:40, 4:15, 6:50, 9:25
- NOVEMBER MAN: 12:25, 3:10, 6:00, 8:45
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 2D: 1:15, 6:35
- SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR 3D: 3:55, 9:15
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 1:10, 3:50, 6:25, 8:55
- WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL: 12:40, 3:35, 6:20, 9:10
- BOYHOOD: 12:50, 4:25, 8:00
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:40, 3:25, 6:15, 9:00
- MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT: 1:40, 4:10, 6:40, 9:10