Thursday, March 27's Lowdown
If you long to wander the streets scrounging for small morsels of food, this is the night for you, sir or madam.
If you're unfamiliar with the drill for the annual Taste of Main Street event -- happening tonight in Old Town Eureka, obviously -- let the Lowdown clue you in. For your $25 price of admission, you get a small booklet containing tickets redeemable at 26 local establishments, each with menu of minor edibles prepared specifically for this evening. You have three hours to hurry from grub to grub stuffing your face with as much finger-ish food as you can stomach. It's a haul.
That's pretty much it. Here's the full list of participating businesses. Full details on that, and your other Thursday night events in your Lowdown below.
Taste of Main Street
Eureka / 5-8 p.m. / $25
Offers a chance to sample food from 26 local participating restaurants and food producers throughout Downtown and Old Town, Eureka.
442-9054 / Web site / View Comments
Rod Coronado Speaks
HSU Native Forum / 5-7 p.m. / $5 Students
Environmental Protection Information Center hosts the longtime activist. Hear about his current work on a citizen-led campaign against the recreational hunting of wolves and the USDA's Wildlife Services program which is responsible for eradicating hundreds of thousands of predators each year.
822-7711 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Sustainable Futures Speaker Series
Humboldt State University / 5:30-7 p.m. / Free
Dr. Yvonne Everett will present “Collaborative Cross-Boundary Stewardship: International Comparisons of Challenges and Success.” Everett is professor of Environmental Planning in the Department of Environmental Science and Management at HSU.
826-3653 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) (Revised)
North Coast Repertory Theatre / 8 p.m. / $15 / $12 Senior/Student
Parody of the 37 plays written by William Shakespeare with all of them being performed (in shortened form) in about 97 minutes by only three actors.
442-6278 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Thrusty Thursday Stand Up Comedy
Six Rivers Brewery / 8-9:30 p.m. / $5 / 21+
Savage Henry Independent Times presents feature comic Andrew Ouellette along with local comics Dr. Foxmeat, Dutch Savage, Josh Duke, Craig Klapman and Randy Mischler.
839-7580 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Roots 'N' Culture Night
Robert Goodman Wines/Machine Works / 9 p.m. / Free / 21+
Selectahs T Aura, Noble Tobal and Pozitive iDiaz team up with Special Guests for a night of excellent vibes.
826-9463 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 1:15, 6:45, 9:35
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 3D: 3:15, 8:50
- 3 DAYS TO KILL: 5:35, 9:05
- DIVERGENT: 11:45, 1:25, 2:50, 4:40, 6:00, 7:55, 9:10
- FROZEN 2D: 1:40, 4:20
- LEGO MOVIE 2D: 12:30, 3:05
- MONUMENTS MEN: 12:05, 3:00, 5:45, 8:35
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 2D: 12:00, 1:35, 2:30, 4:05, 4:55, 6:30, 8:20
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED: 11:50, 1:10, 2:35, 4:00, 5:25, 6:50, 8:10
- NEED FOR SPEED 2D: 3:50, 9:20
- NEED FOR SPEED 3D: 12:20, 5:50
- NOAH: 7:00
- NON-STOP: 1:00, 3:35, 6:15, 8:55
- POMPEII 3D: 6:55, 9:30
Mill Creek Cinema
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 4:20
- DIVERGENT: 2:50, 6:00, 8:20, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2D: 3:00, 5:30, 8:00
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 2D: 3:25, 4:55, 5:50, 7:25
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED: 2:40, 5:25, 8:10
- NEED FOR SPEED 2D: 6:25, 9:20
- NEED FOR SPEED 3D: 3:30
- NOAH: 7:00
- NON-STOP: 3:40, 6:15, 8:50
- 2014 OSCAR NOMINATED ANIMATED SHORT FILMS: 4:10, 6:40, 9:10
- DIVERGENT: 5:35, 8:45
- WIND RISES: 3:20, 6:10, 9:00