Monday, March 17, 2014's Lowdown
Three cheers to the Humboldt bars that aren't shirking their responsibility to provide you a festive space to get blasted on St. Patrick's Day since it falls in a buzzkill Monday this year. Here's the Lowdown's quick list of today's MVPs:
Six Rivers Brewery: The top o' the hill McKinleyville is always a Humboldt St. Paddy's Day destination -- they offer live music all day on indoor and outdoor stages from The Pine Box Boys, Colonel Jimmy & The Blackfish, Lester T. Raww's Graveyard Quartet and more.
Logger Bar: The Vanishing Pints are an Irish music band specifically engineered for March 17 and the bar is going through the corn beef and cabbage motions.
Scotia Inn: Good showing from these guys with Celtic music from Good Company and a performance by the Emerald Coast Irish Step Dancers. Well done, Scotia.
Gallagher's Irish Pub: This place could just phone it in since they're THE Irish pub, right? No way. Irish tunes with Seabury Gould and Evan Mordan as well as a set by Raising Grain.
Lil' Red Lion: We are told that The Rebel Liberties will be playing Flogging Molly covers. How could that suck?
Mad River Brewery: Fiddle music with Blake Ritter. Fiddles are kinda Irish, right?
Siren's Song Tavern: Acoustic music with The Attics. Acoustic is kinda Irish, right?
Robert Goodman Wines: Traditional Irish dancing with Shannon Perkins and Shelley Wells. Traditional Irish dancing is kinda Irish, right?
Humboldt Brews: Uh, we don't know of any Irish tie-in for Tea Leaf Trio -- 3/5 of Tea Leaf Green. They just make good music. Maybe that's enough.
(Note: Your Lost Coast Outpost thinks dying beer green is dumb. Can we not do that this year? Thanks.)
11th Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration
Six Rivers Brewery / 11:30 a.m.-midnight / $5
Live music all day on indoor and outdoor stages from The Pine Box Boys, Colonel Jimmy & The Blackfish, Lester Raww Graveyard Quartet and more.
839-7580 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
St. Patrick's Day Celebration!
Logger Bar / noon-midnight / Free / 21+
Live Irish music with headliners The Vanishing Pints! Corn beef and Cabbage, Guinness on tap, whiskey specials.
668-5000 / Web site / View Comments
Wildland Fire School in Crescent City
College of the Redwoods Community Education-Del Norte / 8-5 a.m. / $45
269-4000 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Irish Dancing and Singing
Robert Goodman Wines/Machine Works / 7-8 p.m. / Free
Shannon Perkins and Shelley Wells kick up their heels, showcasing traditional Irish dancing while Claire Bent and Garnet Empyrion sing folk and drinking songs.
826-9463 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Gallagher's Irish Pub and Restaurant / 7:30 p.m. / Free / 21+
St. Patrick's Day in an Irish pub listening to southeast American style music in northwest California.
442-1177 / Web site / View Comments
Palm Lounge at The Eureka Inn / 8 p.m. / Free / 21+
Pandemonium Jones and his DJ cronies spin a psychedelic soundclash where genres battle to the death.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 1:15, 3:55, 6:35, 9:15
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 3D: 12:45, 3:25, 6:05, 8:45
- 3 DAYS TO KILL: 12:00, 2:45, 5:35, 8:20
- FROZEN 2D: 12:30, 3:05
- LEGO MOVIE 2D: 12:15, 2:50, 5:20, 7:50
- MONUMENTS MEN: 12:05, 3:00, 5:50, 8:40
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 2D: 12:00, 2:30, 4:55, 5:40, 7:25, 8:00
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 3D: 1:50, 4:25
- NEED FOR SPEED 2D: 12:20, 3:20, 6:20, 9:20
- NEED FOR SPEED 3D: 2:20, 5:30, 8:30
- NON-STOP: 12:55, 3:35, 6:15, 8:55
- POMPEII 3D: 6:55, 9:30
- SON OF GOD: 11:50, 2:55, 6:00, 9:05
Mill Creek Cinema
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 3:00, 5:35, 6:30, 8:15
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 3D: 3:45, 9:20
- LEGO MOVIE 2D: 2:50, 5:20, 7:50
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 2D: 3:10, 5:40, 8:05
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 3D: 4:55, 7:25
- NEED FOR SPEED 2D: 3:30, 9:10
- NEED FOR SPEED 3D: 6:25
- NON-STOP: 3:35, 6:15, 8:50
- SON OF GOD: 5:15, 8:30
- 2014 OSCAR NOMINATED LIVE ACTION SHORT FILMS: 3:30, 6:05, 8:45
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 3:50, 6:30, 9:10
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 5:10, 8:20