North Coast Open Studios
Various / 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Annual showcase of local artists and their art. Features walkthroughs of studios allowing a glimpse into the creative process. List of Artists.
Web site / View Comments
Next Goal Wins
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 3-5 p.m. / $10 / $20 Family Rate
Inspiring story of the American Samoa National Soccer Team, the “worst team in the world” and their incredible journey to qualify for the 2014 World Cup. Fundraiser for AC Samoa Soccer Club low-income player programs and Youth Soccer in American Samoa.
822-1220 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Furniture Fest 2014
Humboldt School of Woodworking / 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
At the new Humboldt School of Woodworking at Redwood Acres Fairgrounds. Local art, furniture, up-cycle, wood gift, jewelry, glass and more. Live art and woodworking, and also an awesome kids maker area.
Family Fun Day Paddle
Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center / 11 a.m.-4 p.m. / $20 / $10 Each additional child / Free Kids (limit 2 per adult)
Variety of boats to choose from including kayaks, canoes and stand up paddleboards, as well as experienced guides.
443-4222 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
North Coast Repertory Theatre / 2 p.m. / $18
The North Coast Repertory Theatre continues its 30th Season with the North Coast premiere of the musical Les Misérables, based on the novel by Victor Hugo, with music by Claude-Michel Schonberg, lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer and book by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg.
442-6278 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Dixie Swim Club
Ferndale Repertory Theatre / 2 p.m. / $16
We meet five women, all friends and former teammates on their college swim team who come together once a year for memories and highjinks. Hilarity and poignancy are the hallmarks of this lovely story that will leave you longing to get in touch with that old roommate of yours.
786-5483 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7-9 p.m. / $5
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- BLENDED: 3:30, 9:15
- CHEF: 1:05, 3:55, 6:40, 9:25
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 2D: 2:20, 3:35, 5:15, 8:10, 9:00
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 3D: 12:30, 5:55
- FAULT IN OUR STARS: 11:45, 2:40, 5:35, 8:35
- GODZILLA 2D: 2:55, 8:50
- GODZILLA 3D: 11:55, 5:50
- MALEFICENT 2D: 12:10, 1:00, 2:50, 5:25, 6:25, 8:00
- MALEFICENT 3D: 3:20, 8:45
- MILLION DOLLAR ARM: 12:35, 6:15
- MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST: 1:15, 4:00, 6:45, 9:30
- NEIGHBORS: 11:50, 2:10, 4:45, 7:10, 9:40
- REDWOOD HIGHWAY: 12:15, 2:35, 5:00, 7:20
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 2D: 12:00, 6:05, 9:10
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 3D: 3:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- BLENDED: 3:35, 9:25
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 2D: 3:45, 9:10
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 3D: 12:35, 6:00
- FAULT IN OUR STARS: 11:55, 2:55, 5:50, 8:50
- GODZILLA 2D: 12:40
- GODZILLA 3D: 6:25
- MALEFICENT 2D: 12:10, 1:10, 2:45, 5:15, 6:35, 7:45
- MALEFICENT 3D: 3:25, 8:45
- MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST: 1:15, 4:00, 6:50, 9:35
- REDWOOD HIGHWAY: 11:50, 2:05, 4:20, 6:40, 9:00
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 2D: 12:00, 3:05, 6:10
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 3D: 9:15
- BELLE: 12:50, 3:20, 5:50, 8:20
- CHEF: 1:00, 3:40, 6:25, 9:10
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 2D: 12:15, 3:10, 6:05, 9:00