(VIDEO) Local Band Mad River Rose Debuts Music Video Celebrating Blue Lake Life
OK, we at LoCO are aware that we went on and on about the fairy tale kingdom that is Blue Lake during Folklife Festival week. Sunny, artistic, intimate … one of Humboldt’s gems. We are waiting to be offered a room.
Today, a similar visual and aural argument is put forth by the ladies of local band Mad River Rose in the video for their song “This is Life,” which was uploaded to YouTube this morning. The Chuck Johnson-produced clip was financed by one of ten art-based grants offered by Dell’Arte to community members through the Blue Lake Rising Grant Program and shot during the town-wide Center of the Universe Party back in June.
Soak up some Blue Lake below and/or scroll your Tuesday Lowdown listings farther down the page.
The Complete Donor Management Toolkit
See Event Description / 10-11 a.m. / $200 / $175 NorCAN members
Designed to help nonprofits understand how to think about choosing and then implementing the donor management system that best suits their needs.
267-9916 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Slower-Speed Marsh Walk
Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary / 2-3 p.m.
Guided nature walk that goes as slow as the slowest walker (or wheel chair rider).
826-2359 / firstname.lastname@example.org / View Comments
Red River (1948)
Humboldt County Library / 6:30-9 p.m.
"Based on the Book" classic film series continues, with a focus on the Old West. The third film in the series is Howard Hawks' classic RED RIVER, starring John Wayne and Montgomery Clift.
269-1900 / Web site / View Comments
(Re)Debris: A Marine Debris Educational Sculpture
SCRAP Humboldt / 7 p.m.
A sculpture will be built utilizing trash gathered from beach cleanups and will take the form of a local creature affected by the harms of plastics and other pollution in our oceans.
633-8349 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
Signals ^v^ Humboldt Goth Club
The Siren's Song Tavern / 8 p.m. / Free
"Soviet Darkwave Night": Music from behind the Iron Curtain, featuring goth bands from the Soviet Union and the entire Eastern Bloc alongside all of the classic 80's goth bands you love to dance to.
442-8778 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
- 22 JUMP STREET: 6:20, 9:15
- AMERICA: 12:50, 3:30, 6:10, 8:50
- AND SO IT GOES: 12:55, 3:25, 5:55, 8:25
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 12:00, 6:00, 9:00
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 3D: 3:00
- EARTH TO ECHO: 11:55, 5:50
- HERCULES 2D: 4:00, 9:10
- HERCULES 3D: 1:25, 6:35
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 2D: 1:10, 3:50
- LUCY: 12:10, 2:30, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- MALEFICENT 2D: 12:05, 2:35, 5:05, 7:30
- PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE 2D: 11:50, 2:00, 4:15, 6:30, 8:45
- PURGE: ANARCHY: 1:35, 4:10, 6:50, 9:30
- SEX TAPE: 2:05, 4:30, 7:00, 9:25
- TAMMY: 1:20, 3:45, 6:15, 8:40
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 2D: 8:05
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 3D: 2:15
Mill Creek Cinema
- AND SO IT GOES: 12:55, 3:25, 5:50, 8:20
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00
- HERCULES 2D: 1:05, 3:40, 6:15
- HERCULES 3D: 8:50
- LUCY: 11:55, 1:55, 4:20, 6:45, 9:10
- PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE 2D: 11:50, 2:00, 4:15, 6:30, 8:40
- PURGE: ANARCHY: 1:30, 4:05, 6:40, 9:20
- SEX TAPE: 2:10, 4:35, 7:05, 9:30
- TAMMY: 1:10, 3:30, 6:05, 8:30
- BEGIN AGAIN: 4:20, 6:50, 9:20
- CHEF: 3:50, 6:30, 9:10
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 3:15, 6:05, 9:00