Wednesday, July 9, 2014's Lowdown
For those that refuse to dwell within their walls this evening, Humboldt's Wednesday offers two of the Lowdown's favorite things:
- 1) The opportunity to yell at the opposing team at a Humboldt Crabs game.
- 2) The opportunity to yell at the opposing aliens at ATL's Pint and Pizza Night.
Double wonderful, for sure. But! A user submitted Lowdown listing also jumped out at us. LoCO plea: Will someone please go to the Lessons for Full Spectrum Humans class and report back? Or maybe we should go. Here's some questions from the description provided. Let's ponder them together:
Bored with society's pre-programmed reality of cellular aging and death?
Would you rather learn to cultivate your telepathy than find a better cell phone?
Do you yearn to reboot the planet?
We do! Damn, it seems we need to sit under the tutelage of "galactic walk-in and visionary artist" Aurora so we may better grasp "chakras, the shape of time, utilizing one's Third Eye, envisioning the Merkaba, and the significance of The Flying Rainbow Lasagne." Do note, tonight's class in Eureka is the first of a 20 part course. Don't miss it or you'll fall behind. Other less cosmic human gatherings in Wednesday's Lowdown listings below.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Atomic Rulers Of The World (1964)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m.
A hero from the deepest reaches of space arrives on planet Earth to save mankind from atomic destruction in this feature film comprised of episodes of the popular Japanese sci-fi series Super Giant.
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Lessons for Full Spectrum Humans
317 3rd St. Eureka / 6-7 p.m. / $120
Here's what LoCO was sent: "Bored with society's pre-programmed reality of cellular aging and death? Would you rather learn to cultivate your telepathy than find a better cell phone? Do you yearn to reboot the planet?"
845-750-1729 / Flyingrainbowlasagne@me.com / Web site / View Comments
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
Open Mic with Mike Anderson
Old Town Coffee And Chocolates (Old Town) / 6:30-9 p.m. / Free
Usually some singer/guitarists, a couple spoken word guys and then that one wildcard oddity that makes you go "hmm."
445-8600 / OldTownCoffeeEureka@yahoo.com / Web site / View Comments
- 22 JUMP STREET: 1:05, 3:45, 6:30, 9:20
- DELIVER US FROM EVIL: 1:00, 3:50, 6:40, 9:30
- EARTH TO ECHO: 12:55, 3:20, 5:45, 8:10
- EDGE OF TOMORROW 2D: 12:10, 2:55, 5:40, 8:30
- FAULT IN OUR STARS: 12:30, 3:25, 6:20, 9:15
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 2D: 12:15, 1:10, 2:45, 3:40, 5:20
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 3D: 7:55
- JERSEY BOYS: 11:55, 3:00, 6:05, 9:10
- MALEFICENT 2D: 12:00, 2:30, 5:00, 7:30
- TAMMY: 11:50, 2:20, 4:45, 6:15, 7:15, 8:45, 9:45
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 2D: 1:30, 4:05, 5:10, 8:50
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 3D: 12:25, 7:45
Mill Creek Cinema
- 22 JUMP STREET: 1:20, 4:05, 6:50, 9:30
- DELIVER US FROM EVIL: 12:50, 3:40, 6:30, 9:20
- EARTH TO ECHO: 12:40, 3:10, 5:35, 8:00
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 2D: 12:45, 3:20, 5:55
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 3D: 8:25
- MALEFICENT 2D: 12:20, 2:50, 5:20, 7:50
- TAMMY: 1:40, 4:10, 6:40, 9:10
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 2D: 1:30, 5:10, 7:30, 8:50
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 3D: 12:10, 3:50
- CHEF: 3:50, 6:30, 9:10
- OBVIOUS CHILD: 4:55, 7:10, 9:20
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION 2D: 4:25, 8:00