Humboldt County Fair
Humboldt County Fairgrounds / 11 a.m.-9 p.m. / $8 / $4 kids / $6 seniors
"The Bounty of the County": Live and satellite horse racing, mule racing, carnival rides and games, death defying stunts, live entertainment, exhibits, livestock events and more. Check the fair's website for complete schedule of events.
Web site / View Comments
Southern Humboldt Community Park / 8-11 a.m. / Free
Jay Sooter and/or John Gaffin will lead this monthly walk sponsored by the Redwood Region Audubon Society.
441-8001 / Web site / View Comments
Trinity River Jamboree
Junction City Park / 10 a.m. / $130 / $300 VIP / Free Under 12
Wide variety of music and arts including 2 stages of music, a huge craft vending arena, yoga workshop stage, art gallery and fashion show. More than 40 enetrtainment acts including, Gaudi, Zilla, Vibesquad, Woven Roots, Dj Logic, The Getdown Crew, Motherlode, the 4-low, hoop performance, fire show.
530-623-1982 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Wedding Singer
Ferndale Repertory Theatre / 2 p.m. / $16 students/seniors
You've seen that Adam Sandler movie, yeah? Directed by Brandi Lacy, Music Direction by Molly Severdia and featuring Erik Standifird as Robbie, Sasha Shay as Julia, and a large, talented cast from all over the county!
786-5483 / Web site / View Comments
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Van Duzer Theater / 2 p.m.
Flash back to the Roaring '20s with Humboldt Light Opera Company. When a Kansas girl comes to the Big Apple, she encounters flappers, working girls and millionaires in disguise as she ventures from high rises to the New York speakeasy scene.
822-1318 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Plays In The Park: Scheherazade
Redwood Park / 2 p.m. / Free
Contemporary play based on the adventures of the Arabian Knights performed at the old forest stage among the beautiful Redwoods of the Arcata Community Forest.
822-7091 / Web site / View Comments
RLA Trio and the Natural Horn Killers
Morris Graves Museum of Art / 3-5 p.m. / $5 / Free MGMA members/ Children 17 and Under / $2 Seniors/Students
Tim Randles on piano, Mike LaBolle on drums and Bobby Amirkhan on bass. On trumpet is Don Hammerstedt, an L.A. studio musician that in the early 90's played in No Doubt! On sax is Russ Thallheimer, a past student at the Berkley School of Music, and on trombone is Brian White.
442-0278 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7-9 p.m. / $5
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 2:45, 8:10
- EXPENDABLES 3: 12:25, 3:20, 6:15, 9:10
- GIVER: 12:50, 3:15, 5:45, 8:15
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:40, 3:35, 6:35, 9:25
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3D: 2:40, 8:00
- HERCULES 2D: 12:20, 5:40
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 12:05, 2:55, 5:55, 8:45
- INTO THE STORM: 12:00, 2:15, 4:35, 6:55, 9:15
- LET S BE COPS: 1:30, 4:10, 6:50, 9:30
- LUCY: 2:30, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- STEP UP ALL IN 2D: 1:05, 3:40, 6:10, 8:50
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 11:55, 1:15, 3:50, 6:25, 9:00
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3D: 12:10, 5:30
- WHAT IF: 1:00, 3:30, 6:00, 8:30
Mill Creek Cinema
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 5:30, 8:30
- EXPENDABLES 3: 12:05, 3:00, 5:55, 8:50
- GIVER: 12:40, 3:10, 5:35, 8:05
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:30, 3:20, 6:15, 9:10
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3D: 2:40
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 11:55, 2:50, 5:45, 8:40
- INTO THE STORM: 12:00, 2:20, 4:40, 7:00, 9:25
- LET S BE COPS: 1:25, 3:55, 6:35, 9:15
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2D: 1:15, 3:50, 6:25, 9:00
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3D: 12:10
- BOYHOOD: 12:50, 4:25, 8:00
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2D: 12:30, 3:20, 6:10, 9:00
- HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY: 1:00, 3:40, 6:25, 9:10