Tonight HumBrews Hosts a Live Version of the Classic Game Show (BLANK)
"This year's World's Strongest Man Contest will include the Tug-of-war event, but rather than using rope for the contest, they'll use a _(blank)_."
You'll recognize this as being a question in the format you may have heard on the salacious (for its time) '70s game show Match Game, a show featuring a panel of B-list celebrities being amused with themselves. Great TV.
Tonight at Humboldt Brews, the crew at Savage Henry Magazine are mining nostalgia and co-opting the classic game show's format with a panel of local yuk-slingers and host Chris Durant. We've been informed that the contestants will be selected from the audience at the event, so if you're feeling confident that you think similarly to small town comedians, well, you should go and stuff.
Or if you hate game shows, there's plenty of Tuesday night goodness in your Lowdown below. And remember to plan for the weekend ahead by checking out the Lowdown Lookahead.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Godlin Gets Behind
Humboldt Brews / 9 p.m. / $5 / 21+
Savage Henry presents a live version of the classic game show hosted By Chris Durant featuring Matt Redbeard, Josh Duke, Sarah Godlin, Dr. Foxmeat, Kim Hodges and Joe Deschaine.
826-2739 / Web site / View Comments
Runeberg Hall / 10 p.m.-midnight / $25
To millions of music lovers, Ted Nugent has carved a permanent place in rock and roll history as the guitar-shredding showman, selling more than 40 million albums, performing more than 6,400 (!) high-octane concerts, and continuing to set attendance records at venues around the globe.
Web site / View Comments
New Designs for Fundraising
Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center / 6-8 p.m. / $195 / $165 NorCAN members / 18+
An overview of all the tools and techniques used to identify, cultivate and solicit big gifts and develop, market and manage capital campaigns, planned giving and major gifts programs.
661-4665 / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt's most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 1:15, 6:45, 8:50
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 3D: 3:15
- 3 DAYS TO KILL: 6:50, 9:30
- DIVERGENT: 11:45, 1:25, 2:50, 4:40, 6:00, 7:55, 9:10
- MONUMENTS MEN: 11:55, 5:40
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 2D: 12:00, 2:30, 4:55, 7:25
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED: 11:50, 1:20, 2:35, 4:05, 5:25, 8:10
- NEED FOR SPEED 2D: 3:50, 9:20
- NEED FOR SPEED 3D: 12:20, 5:50
- NOAH: 11:35, 1:10, 2:40, 4:30, 5:45, 7:45, 8:55
- NON-STOP: 12:45, 3:25, 6:05, 8:45
- SABOTAGE: 1:00, 3:40, 6:20, 9:00
- WIND RISES: 2:45, 8:35
Mill Creek Cinema
- 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE 2D: 6:55, 9:30
- DIVERGENT: 2:50, 6:00, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2D: 5:10
- MR PEABODY AND SHERMAN 2D: 3:10, 5:30, 7:55
- MUPPETS MOST WANTED: 3:00, 5:40, 8:20
- NEED FOR SPEED 2D: 3:35, 6:25, 9:15
- NOAH: 2:40, 3:50, 5:50, 7:50, 9:00
- SABOTAGE: 4:05, 6:45, 9:25
- DIVERGENT: 5:40, 8:50
- GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL: 4:10, 6:40, 9:10
- NOAH: 5:25, 8:30