Wednesday, Sept. 18's Lowdown
If you woke up this morning with nothing to do chances are you don't have a job. It's fun for awhile but, you know, money. Conveniently, not having a job allows you the free time to go to job fairs like, for example, the one The Job Market and College of the Redwoods are hosting today at Eureka's Wharfinger Building. Get a job, you!
A bunch of local employers will be on hand to shake your hand, size you up and tell you a little bit more about their world. Plus, CR will give you the lowdown on various trainings and certifications they offer for those interested, oh, in fields like bookkeeping, real estate, phlebotomy, truck driving and others.
But for now, stop reading this! Put on pants and get your job on, person! Other Wednesday stuff in your Lowdown below.
Pints For Nonprofits
Mad River Brewery Tasting Room / 1-8 p.m.
Benefitting the Arcata Chamber of Commerce with music by Cadillac Ranch and food by Nature's Serving.
822-3619 / Web site / View Comments
Full Moon Rising/Sun Setting Cocktail Cruise
Madaket / 6:45 p.m. / $25
Get out on Humboldt Bay and watch the full moon rising and the sun setting within minutes of each other. Cocktails are additional.
445-1910 / Web site / View Comments
Two Months to a New Career
Wharfinger Building / 9 a.m.-noon / Free
Helping people who are seeking a new career find information about local employers’ hiring needs, training to help people acquire those skills and programs to help provide scholarships for the training.
269-4000 / Juliafirstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Wild Women of Wongo (1958)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m. / $5
Science Fiction Pint and Pizza Night. The Wild Women of Wongo (1958) is an American film directed by James L. Wolcott, featuring low budget, stereotypical portrayals of fictional tropical islanders.
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
- DESPICABLE ME 2 2D: 1:50, 4:20
- ELYSIUM: 12:05, 2:40, 5:30, 8:15
- INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2: 1:20, 4:05, 6:45, 8:30, 9:25
- LEE DANIELS THE BUTLER: 12:00, 3:05, 6:05, 9:05
- MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES: 11:50, 2:50, 5:50
- ONE DIRECTION: THIS IS US 2D: 12:45, 6:00
- ONE DIRECTION: THIS IS US 3D: 3:25, 8:35
- ONE DIRECTION: THIS IS US EXTENDED FAN CUT 2D: 12:45, 6:00
- ONE DIRECTION: THIS IS US EXTENDED FAN CUT 3D: 3:25, 8:35
- PLANES 2D: 1:30, 3:50, 6:10
- RIDDICK: 11:55, 2:50, 5:45, 8:40, 9:30
- THE FAMILY: 12:55, 3:40, 6:25, 6:55, 8:20, 9:10
- THE WORLD S END: 12:20, 3:00, 5:40, 8:50
- THIS IS THE END: 1:45, 4:25, 7:00, 9:35
- WE RE THE MILLERS: 1:05, 3:45, 6:30, 9:15
- KICK-ASS 2: 6:30
Mill Creek Cinema
- ELYSIUM: 3:50, 6:30
- INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2: 3:10, 5:45, 8:25, 9:15
- LEE DANIELS THE BUTLER: 3:00, 6:00, 9:00
- MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES: 3:15, 6:20
- RIDDICK: 2:55, 5:50, 8:45, 9:20
- THE FAMILY: 3:30, 6:10, 7:05, 8:55
- THIS IS THE END: 4:30, 9:40
- WE RE THE MILLERS: 4:10, 6:50, 9:30
- BLUE JASMINE: 4:15, 6:40, 9:10
- SPECTACULAR NOW: 3:50, 6:10, 8:30
- THE FAMILY: 3:40, 6:20, 9:00