Friday, Nov. 22, 2013's Lowdown
Assuming you have any energy left after chasing the man in the chicken suit around, Friday night gallivanters have the opportunity to see no less than eight (mostly) local bands on the cheap within a few Eureka blocks. If you do it right, you should be able to catch most of 'em. Here are the venues to hit, "start times" -- always subject to if the bass player showed up on time or not -- and the bands you may gawk at:
- The Ink Annex, 7 p.m.: Early starters can soak up a garage band hat trick comprised of NO BUNNY, The Lost Luvs and Dirty Pillows for a suggested $5 donation.
- The Siren's Song Tavern, 8:30 p.m.: Your evening's twangiest option comes in the form of rowdy Cliff Dallas and the Death Valley Troubadors who'll be supported by dreamy duo Electro Saloon.
- The Palm Lounge, 10 p.m.: Absorb synthy vibes aplenty with an indie trio of groups -- Technicolor Hearts, Rider Rosie and Blood Gnome -- to close your night. Hell, stay the night.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
I gotta agree with Andy's giant head today. Cliff Dallas. Maybe their theme will warm you up a bit. It's Witches Nipples out there.
You'll feel better about everything in general after you see The Shook Twins.
Find the DJ in the Chicken Costume ALL DAY
100.3/102.7 FM / 8 a.m.
... and win a free turkey! Listen to KWPT The Point all day as they give clues as to the whereabouts of chicken-suited DJ Eli Rohl. Go find him and lessen your Thanksgiving expenses. Multiple turkeys in multiple locations. Gobble gobble whee!
Benefit for Jeff Brown
Mateel Community Center / 6 p.m.
Benefit for the man struck by a tree branch at this year's Summer Arts and Music Festival. Dinner and music by The SoHum Girls and U4EA.
923-3368 / Web site / View Comments
Redwood Curtain Theatre / 8 p.m. / $15 / $10 Thursdays
"Deliciously wry and poignant play centers on three US Navy personnel, and one Navy wife, stationed at a base in Japan in the mid 1950’s – a little bit Kabuki, a little bit From Here to Eternity."
Transforming Rape Culture
College of the Redwoods / 3-4:30 p.m. / Free
CR sociology department presents a series of discussions. Participants are encouraged to talk more deeply about changing our society’s culture in regard to sexualized violence.
476-4539 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Cliff Dallas and The Death Valley Troubadours, Electro Saloon
The Siren's Song Tavern / 8:30 p.m.-noon / Free / 21+
Rowdy country boys and psychedelic acoustic duo.
845-6652 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- ABOUT TIME: 6:35, 9:20
- BEST MAN HOLIDAY: 12:05, 3:00, 5:55, 8:50
- CAPTAIN PHILLIPS: 5:20, 8:25
- CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 2D: 12:30, 2:55
- DALLAS BUYERS CLUB: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 9:10
- DELIVERY MAN: 12:35, 3:20, 6:00, 8:40
- ENDER S GAME: 2:45, 8:15
- FREE BIRDS 2D: 11:55, 2:10, 4:25
- GRAVITY 3D: 12:10, 2:35, 7:15
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 12:20, 1:20, 2:20, 3:40, 4:40, 5:40, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00
- JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA: 4:55, 9:35
- LAST VEGAS: 12:50, 3:25, 6:10, 8:45
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD 2D: 12:00, 3:50, 5:30, 9:20
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD 3D: 1:00, 6:30
Mill Creek Cinema
- DELIVERY MAN: 12:40, 3:20, 5:55, 8:30
- ENDER S GAME: 1:15, 4:00, 6:45, 9:30
- FREE BIRDS 2D: 12:15, 2:30, 4:45
- GRAVITY 3D: 2:30, 7:05, 9:20
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 12:45, 2:20, 4:10, 5:40, 7:30, 9:00
- JACKASS PRESENTS: BAD GRANDPA: 12:10, 7:10, 9:35
- LAST VEGAS: 12:55, 3:30, 6:05, 8:40
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD 2D: 1:00, 4:30, 6:30, 9:10
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD 3D: 3:40
- 12 YEARS A SLAVE: 3:00, 6:00, 9:00
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 5:30, 8:45
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD 2D: 3:50, 6:30, 9:15