Wednesday, June 26, 2013's Lowdown
What an historic day, Humboldt!
First and most importantly, the Supreme Court does something right and rules in favor of love and equality by striking down the federal Defense of Marriage Act and allowing a lower court's decision overturning California's Prop 8 stand. BOOM. Here in Humboldt, the local gay community and its supporters will gather for joy purposes at a Decision Day Rally at the Humboldt County Courthouse. Party in the USA.
Second, and more frivolous: As we've stated various places on this site repeatedly and shamelessly, tonight is Lost Coast Outpost/Cowbell Night at the Arcata Ballpark. We know you know. But here is today's way important breaking news development: your Lost Coast Outpost has learned that (are you ready?) THE FIRST 100 FANS AT TONIGHT'S HUMBOLDT CRABS GAME GET A FREE COWBELL. Hoo boy! As if that wasn't enough, LoCO will be giving away the following items:
- A $50 gift certificate to Big Pete's Pizza.
- A $25 gift certificate to Dutchy's Pizza.
- Four tickets to the Sequoia Park Zoo.
- A yardsaled picture book of the last century of New York Times frontpages involving great natural disasters.
- A gift certificate to put the person of your choice on BOOKED for one day, for the "crime" of your choosing (so long as it is not an actual crime).
Ta-da! So hit up that loveliest at the courthouse at 6 p.m. then head up to the ballpark and participate in community with us! Best Wednesday ever!
The Lowdown Fun Committee
The Humboldt Crabs' Lost Coast Outpost/Cowbell Night
Arcata Ball Park / 7 p.m. / $8
The highlight of the Crabs season has to be the combined Lost Coast Outpost/Cowbell Night against those bums the Marysville Gold Sox. You’re invited! We especially extend a hand to all of our anonymous commenters. Let’s spend a night finding common ground around the fact that the Marysville sucks!
Web site / View Comments
The Phantom Planet (1961)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m. / $5
Science Fiction Pint and Pizza Night. See!! A 6 ft. astronaut shrink to 6 inches before your very eyes! See!! The Moon Maidens! See!! The attack of the Fire People!
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
The Lost Luvs, Pressure/Anya DJs
The Jam / 9 p.m. / $5 / 21+
Get down to the sounds of garage, soul, and rock 'n' roll and celebrate hot fun in the summertime!
822-4766 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
- AFTER EARTH: 1:15, 6:30
- EPIC 2D: 12:50, 3:30
- FAST AND FURIOUS 6: 6:15, 9:15
- INTERNSHIP: 3:40, 9:00
- MAN OF STEEL 2D: 1:10, 4:30, 7:50, 8:50
- MAN OF STEEL 3D: 2:10, 5:30
- MONSTERS UNIVERSITY 2D: 11:50, 12:40, 2:35, 5:20, 6:00, 8:00
- MONSTERS UNIVERSITY 3D: 3:20, 8:40
- NOW YOU SEE ME: 11:55, 2:35, 5:15, 8:10
- PURGE: 12:45, 2:55, 5:00, 7:25, 9:40
- STAR TREK INTO THE DARKNESS 2D: 12:10, 3:05, 6:05, 9:05
- THIS IS THE END: 1:35, 4:10, 6:45, 9:20
- WORLD WAR Z 2D: 12:00, 1:00, 3:50, 6:40, 9:30
- WORLD WAR Z 3D: 2:50, 5:40, 8:30
Mill Creek Cinema
- AFTER EARTH: 7:00, 9:30
- EPIC 2D: 2:00, 4:30
- MAN OF STEEL 2D: 2:10, 5:30, 8:50
- MAN OF STEEL 3D: 1:00, 4:25, 7:50
- MONSTERS UNIVERSITY 2D: 12:00, 12:55, 2:45, 5:30, 6:30, 8:10
- MONSTERS UNIVERSITY 3D: 3:00, 8:30
- NOW YOU SEE ME: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 9:05
- THIS IS THE END: 1:20, 4:00, 6:40, 9:20
- WORLD WAR Z 2D: 3:40, 9:15
- WORLD WAR Z 3D: 12:10, 5:45
- MAN OF STEEL 2D: 5:25, 8:40
- MONSTERS UNIVERSITY 2D: 3:30, 6:00, 8:30
- WORLD WAR Z 2D: 4:00, 6:45, 9:30