Friday, Dec. 20, 2013's Lowdown
Your Lowdown would be remiss if we did not mention Friday's highest profile show. Believe it or not, it's been 15 years since Everlast released the single "What It's Like," at its peak, one of those inescapable hits that probably got airplay on whatever station you were listening to at the time, regardless of the format.
So in recognition of the fact that the onetime House of Pain frontman will be playing two shows in Humboldt over the next couple nights -- one at the Mateel Community Center, another at the Winema Theatre -- let's take a visual/aural shot of nostalgia via YouTube. Perhaps then, and only then, will you, in fact, know what it is like.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Pressure/Anya at 6Rivers. Celebrate the fact that your town isn't the one from Footloose!
Ooo ooo!! Comedy at Humbrews, totally. I might actually go to that, not just tell you to. Lord knows I love me a good chuckle.
Warm and Fuzzy Clothing Drive
North Coast Co-Op in Eureka / 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Bring down your donations of new or gently used warm winter clothing. All items will be donated to Betty Chin and her Blue Angel Foundation. Sponsored by KWPT The Point.
Web site / View Comments
The Music Man
Ferndale Repertory Theatre / 8 p.m. / $18 / $16 students/seniors
(FINAL WEEKEND) Con man Harold Hill poses as a boys' band organizer and leader and sells band instruments and uniforms to naive townsfolk before skipping town with the cash.
786-5483 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Mateel Community Center / 9 p.m. / $28
Former House of Pain frontman and hit-making "What It's Like" singer sneaks behind the Redwood Curtain. With special guests Angels Cut and Redwood Blue. Some proceeds go to the Volunteer Fire Benefit Organization to help local fire departments and help victims of fire disaster.
923-3368 / Web site / View Comments
Babes in Toyland
Carlo Theatre (Dell'Arte) / 7:30 p.m. / $12 / $8 children / $10 student/senior
Dell’Arte Company’s annual holiday show returns for its 33rd year with a mad-cap adaptation of Victor Herbert’s classic family tale.
668-5663 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Six Rivers Brewery / 9 p.m.-midnight / Free
They bring the beats you can't not dance to playing throwbacks and top 40 tracks alike.
839-7580 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 2:10, 5:25, 8:40
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 12:05, 1:00, 2:50, 3:50, 5:50, 6:40, 8:45, 9:30
- BOOK THIEF: 12:10, 3:05, 6:05, 9:05
- DALLAS BUYERS CLUB: 1:05, 3:45, 6:35, 9:20
- FROZEN 2D: 12:00, 2:35, 5:15, 7:50
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 1:20, 4:55, 8:30
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 11:45, 3:25, 7:05
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 2:20, 5:35, 9:00
- SAVING MR BANKS: 11:55, 2:55, 5:55, 8:55
- TYLER PERRY S A MADEA CHRISTMAS: 1:10, 3:55, 6:30, 9:10
- WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 2D: 11:50, 12:50, 12:55, 3:15, 5:40
- WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 3D: 8:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- AMERICAN HUSTLE: 2:00, 5:15, 8:30
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 12:50, 2:35, 3:40, 5:30, 6:30, 8:25, 9:20
- FROZEN 2D: 12:00, 2:40, 5:25, 8:00
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 1:30, 5:05, 8:40
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 12:20, 4:00, 7:40
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 1:40, 4:55, 8:15
- WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 2D: 12:10, 3:35, 5:55
- WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 3D: 1:15, 8:10
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 4:35, 8:10
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 5:25, 8:45
- PHILOMENA: 3:40, 6:05, 8:30