Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013's Lowdown
As we've noted a few times recently here in LoCO land, it's freakin' cold out.
All the more reason for you to head to your closet and gather together excess winter clothing for the annual Warm and Fuzzy Clothing Drive being facilitated this year by the classic rockin' philanthropists at KWPT The Point.
This Friday, bring your heaps of warm garments down to the Eureka Co-Op between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. where they will be sorted and ultimately delivered to Betty Chinn's Blue Angel Foundation. Someone needing warmth will receive it, you'll feel good, and everyone will enjoy some Rolling Stones hits. What could make your holiday season brighter? For more, head on over to KWPT's website. Oh yes, it's Wednesday. Your Lowdown below will help you out with that as well.
The Lowdown Fun Committee
Free film at the Matteel. Jonah Hill is Totes Adorbs. Also totally adorable.
Look for a backbeat tonight. When you find it, spread the word.
The Voyage of the Seagull: The Tsunami Connection
Friends of the Dunes / 7-8 p.m.
HSU Geology Professor Dr. Lori Dengler will give a fascinating talk about the extraordinary voyage of the Seagull, the tsunami boat that beached just south of Crescent City last April. earn more about the tsunami connection between Northern California and Japan.
Arkley Center For The Performing Arts / 7 p.m. / $20 / $12 children under 12
North Coast Dance presents their annual holiday tradition. Features guest choreographers Ikolo and Sarah Griffin, a fantastic cast of local dancers, and world class guest performers.
442-7779 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Eureka Fair Wage Act Meeting
Labor Temple / 6:15 p.m.
Supporters of the Eureka initiative to require employers with more than 25 employees to provide a $12 minimum wage gather.
443-3731 / View Comments
Not Your Average College Bound Film Series
Mateel Community Center / 6:30 p.m. / Free
This month’s screening will feature one of Jonah Hill’s first comedies, Accepted (2006)—a ridiculous story about a group of friends who are denied college admission and decide to create a university of their own.
923-3368 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES: 12:00, 1:00, 2:50, 3:50, 5:40, 6:40, 8:30, 9:30
- BOOK THIEF: 12:05, 3:05, 6:05, 9:05
- DALLAS BUYERS CLUB: 1:05, 3:45, 6:35, 9:20
- FROZEN 2D: 11:55, 2:35, 5:15, 7:50
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 11:45, 1:20, 3:25, 5:00, 7:05, 8:40
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 3D: 12:30, 4:10, 7:50
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 2:20, 5:35, 9:00
- OUT OF THE FURNACE: 12:50, 3:35, 6:25, 9:15
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD 2D: 12:50, 3:30, 6:10, 8:50
- TYLER PERRY S A MADEA CHRISTMAS: 1:10, 3:55, 6:30, 9:10
- HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG 2D: 4:35, 8:10
- HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE: 5:25, 8:45
- PHILOMENA: 3:40, 6:05, 8:30