Mike Dronkers / Monday, Nov. 11, 2013 @ 11:41 a.m. / Economy
Hey, what's in the most recent Humboldt County Index of Economic activity? Huh? Some people don't think articles about statistics get clicks. They think you're easily bored.
The government shutdown complicated the unemployment data, but "leading indicators show positive signs for the local economy with Help Wanted and Buildings Permits up, and unemployment claims down."
- Gas prices are down
- Hospitality is up by 5.7% over last month
- Home prices are 34.4% higher than this time last year
- Median home price in Humboldt County rose to $243,500 from last month’s $242,750
- Monthly foreclosures continued to decrease
- The Retail Sales Index increased by 0.6 percent, 2.1% above this time last year
- Lumber manufacturing decreased 3.7%