Prepare for the Future! It's National Healthcare Decisions Week
Bayley Brown / Wednesday, April 18, 2018 @ 1:04 p.m. /
"It's always too early, until it's too late." That's the tagline of National Healthcare Decisions Day and it's oh so true. We never want to think about what would happen if we get a serious injury or illness but, it's a big help to those you love to share your wishes.
Nurse Practitioner Karen Ayers with the Humboldt Independent Practice Association spoke with me about the importance of making an advance directive.
She mentioned that it's good to think about:
1. Who will be making medical decisions for you?
2. What matters most to you?
3. How much flexibility do you want your medical decision maker to have?
4. Tell others about your wishes.
5. Ask doctors the right questions.
For more information head to your doctors office, The Conversation Project or prepareforyourcare.org.