FOLLOWUP: We Talked To The Hobo
Former Arcata Plaza hobo* Wearedoctors (a.k.a. Steven Shafer), talked to KHUM today.
Thrill to his tales about:
- A typical day after a typical night in the Arcata Community Forest
- How to pay it forward after living off the generosity of others
- Hobo romance
- Rejoining [non-hobo] society
- His surprising view on co-hobos
This frank discussion meandered from the simple logistics of homeless to hitchhiking tips (average thumb time: five minutes). Shafer acknowledged that the homeless community is a pastiche of travelers, addicts, the unemployed, and the mentally ill, and that he was on the more fortunate side of that spectrum.
He adds that this adventure taught him to be "as awesome as possible... as soon as possible."
* the term "hobo" is used here respectfully, or at least non-pejoratively
Related tags: arcata, hobo, homeless, plaza, plazoidblog comments powered by Disqus