Tonight's Cocktail - Rum Runner
Larry Trask / Tuesday, June 24, 2014 @ 1:33 p.m. / Cocktail
This is a complicated drink with a lot of ingredients but, as with all recipes, a skilled mixologist can find ways to make adjustments. I'm not a big fan, usually, of blended drinks, but this one is better blended, in my opinion. Note this cocktail packs a punch.
- Two cups ice
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 oz blackberry liqueur
- 1 oz banana liqueur
- 1 oz light rum
- 1 oz dark rum or aged rum
- Splash grenadine
- Optional: one ounce of Bacardi 151 to float on top
- Orange slice (optional)
- Fill your blender with the ice
- Add all of the liquid ingredients
- Blend the contents until smooth
- Pour into a Hurricane glass and garnish with an orange slice
- Add the 151 floater!
On the Rocks:
Fill glass with ice. Add the liquid contents. Pour the 151 in the straw or on the top.