Tonight's Cocktail - Blanco Fresco
Larry Trask / Tuesday, Sept. 3 @ 8:46 a.m. / Cocktail
With Labor Day now behind us and school in session, it does feel, in some ways, like summer is over. However the coming globally environmental disaster continues to provide us with unseasonally delicious weather so for tonight's drink, we're keeping both feet firmly in summertime. The Blanco Fresco, featuring grapefruit juice and blanco (also called "silver") tequila makes the perfect cooling refresher. Do yourself a huge favor and use fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. blanco Tequila
0.5 oz elderberry liqueur
2 slices cucumber
3 each mint leaves
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Combine cucumber, mint and elderberry liqueur into a mixing glass and muddle.
- Add grapefruit juice and Tequila.
- Fill with ice and shake.
- Strain into rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber slice and lime wheel.