Choose Your Cleanup
Mike Dronkers / Wednesday, April 17, 2013 @ 12:14 p.m. /
Want to pitch in with the Earth Day cleanups next Saturday? At least eight of Humboldt's Environmental organizations are would love to see you.
Here's your working list:
- Mad River (Blue Lake) - 9am-1pm - Mad River Alliance - meet at Stardoughs
- Klamath River - 9am - Yurok Tribe - Meet at Yurok Main Office
- North Jetty (Eureka) - 10am-1pm - Humboldt Surfrider - meet at North Jetty Parking Lot
- Sequoia Park (Eureka) - Noon-2pm - Sequoia Park Zoo - pull ivy out of the park
- Manila Beach - 9:30am-12:30pm - Friends of the Dunes - meet at Manila Community Center
- Ma-le'l Dunes - 9am- Friends of the Dunes - Trail steward workday - meet at Young Lane lot
- Palco Marsh (Eureka) - Noon-2pm - Humboldt Baykeeper - meet at the end of Del Norte Street
- Samoa Beach - 1-3pm - Northcoast Environmental Center - meet at parking lot
- Are there others?
Don't miss the afterparty at the Humboldt Coastal Nature Center. The Earth Day Hoedown is from 3-7pm. Music, food, drink and great company as volunteers and community members come together at the end of a day of beach clean-up and restoration activities. Free for those who volunteer that day and $5 for the general public.
[Photo: Northcoast Environmental Center]