Waterkeeper Swim Guide
Mike Dronkers / Wednesday, May 30, 2012 @ 9:24 a.m. / Ocean
Today on Coastal Currents, it's a discussion about a new smartphone app that helps you find safe swimming during your summer travels.
With more than 1500 beaches listed, Swim Guide gives you the inside scoop on what activities certain beaches are good for, as well as if there are hidden pollution hazards.
From the description:
- Find your closest beach
- Discover a wide variety of beaches, ranging from city parks to remote lakes ideal for camping
- Compare real-time and historical water quality information for many different beaches
- Get directions to the beach of your choice
- Bookmark beaches for easy access
- Share your beach with friends on Facebook and Twitter
The Swim Guide helps you report any pollution problems or environmental concerns that you may spot when you are at the beach. Use the Report button to notify your local Waterkeeper, and we will help you protect your beach.
Download the Swim Guide from the Apple App Store here.
Related tags: baykeeper, environment, quality, waterblog comments powered by Disqus