Help Build A Playground In Eureka
Mike Dronkers / Tuesday, June 12, 2012 @ 10:16 a.m. /
The idea is to get most of it done on build day, July 14th. The Jefferson School build day is put on by The Westside Community Improvement Association, PG&E, and by the Home Depot-affiliated KaBOOM.
All told, it might look like Eureka's Hammond Park (pictured), also a KaBOOM project.
Project Information and FAQs:
- WHEN: Saturday, July 14th - 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- WHERE: Jefferson School (1000 B St, Eureka, CA)
- WHAT'S PROVIDED: Breakfast, lunch and plenty of water will be provided. The appropriate tools and gloves will be provided for the projects that need them.
- WHAT TO BRING/WHAT NOT TO BRING: If you have a reusable water bottle, please bring it with you. Please leave your purse and/or other valuables at home.
- WHAT TO WEAR: The playground build will happen rain or shine. Please come dressed for the weather. Comfortable, close-toed shoes are a necessity; sneakers or work boots that you don’t mind getting a little dirty are advised.
- VOLUNTEER DAYS: We need the most volunteers on Build Day (Sat, July 14), but you can help us get ready for the big day by volunteering on Prep Day 1 (Thurs, July 12) or Prep Day 2 (Fri, July 13).
SIGN UP HERE.