Pick Humboldt, Google!
Mike Dronkers / Wednesday, March 31, 2010 @ 8:01 p.m.
Google is going to test hyperfast internet service in a lucky chosen community. The Humboldt relationship to broadband access is well-documented, and we are a proven testing ground for marketers.
We think Humboldt is the right choice, for reasons laid out here:
The Top Ten Reasons
Should Come To Humboldt County:
- We're passionate about expanding technology. Check out some history here and the timeline over there on the right.
- You will be able to get the project done quickly and efficiently with private sector partners in fiber installation and extensive rights-of-way.
- While here, your employees can enjoy Beer, and Beer, andBeer, Beer, Wine, and lots of other great stuff.
- We have some really cool Innovative Companies.
- We are doing cutting edge work in energy, redwood forest ecology, marine science, spatial analysis, and telemedicine.
- We are leaders in rural broadband policy and have receivedstatewide and national attention for our work.
- We've got great art, film, digital media and music!
- We're transforming our economy and Google's investment will be a catalyst for a real change in people's lives.
- We're good enough that we don't have to rename ourselves "Google." We know that there's only one us and only one you!
- O.k. there are way more than ten reasons. Want to know more? Go here.
The "Pick Humboldt" Facebook group is growing very, very fast. Joining it can't hurt our chances.